I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi Jayne,im going to get Pixie weighed next week but i think she is between 6-7kg and Buffy is around 5-6kg,both eat well,but are very skinny under their coats! Poodles are generally skinny arent they so i wouldnt worry,i think most cockapoo's are slender when wet.George seems a good weight too,how is he doing with his food? x

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Random question - do you all get your pups weighed at the vet? When we weigh our cats we stand on the scales ourselves, making a note of our weight. Then weigh ourselves with the cat and calculate the difference...

Do you have to pay the vet each time they get weighed?

Turi x

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
My vets will weigh Betty for free any time i pop in, which is easy as i live 2 mins walk from the vet!

When my parents have Betty my mum weighs Betty by getting on the scales and then getting on with Betty too.

I always weighed Betty by putting her on the kitchen scales but that only worked as she was so little and has only recently just got over 5kg.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jayne,im going to get Pixie weighed next week but i think she is between 6-7kg and Buffy is around 5-6kg,both eat well,but are very skinny under their coats! Poodles are generally skinny arent they so i wouldnt worry,i think most cockapoo's are slender when wet.George seems a good weight too,how is he doing with his food? x
No am not worried about George's weight at all. Eating is a bit hit and miss but he's putting on the weight well, prefers to be hand fed, not too keen on his bowl or some reason. We get him weighed at either vets or pets at home

·
Registered
147 Posts
Chip is just 16 weeks old and was 5.6 kg at the vet.

Our vet has us stand the pup on the scale and I have him in a sit with a treat to get his weight done. Its free for us too, they want us to weigh him monthly so we can monitor which dose of Heartworm medicine he'll get (it goes to 25 lbs and they're concerned he'll go over, but that's a while away).

Chip also seems very long and skinny, eats plenty, legs are growing like crazy!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.