I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello all,
OlliePup and Mr Morgan spend much time in the wilderness (joke) of North Carolina, really we have a farm. They take trifexis monthly, and also have a tube of First Shield. In their "yard" I keep lime (for ticks), and dichromatous (I can neither spell nor pronounce that word -I pronounce Russian better!! I buy it at the feed & grain sore-- but you can get it on line too)
Thank for the posts. I'm was a city girl, and categorize fleas, ticks and cockroaches in the same category of plague. Ollie had one tick-- that's when I became rabid. I also had one
I thought it was some new, unusual skin tag! Michael laughed and laughed
Some folks may think this "overkill", well ok. I don't want my boys scratching (more than they do already between his ears and allergies poor OlliePup is always itching somewhere!) is sick, and it was my cats vet that suggested the trifexis / frontline combo. Thanks to all again,
Monica

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maisie our 4 month old Cockapoo brought her food back twice today. This is the first time this has happened. Her stools were a little loose and quite smelly, which is also something new. I found a tick on her this afternoon, on her left side. It took 3 pulls before I got it off. We walked in the long grassy wood at least 3 days ago, she may of got it then. Can ticks make your dog I'll ? Or could it be something else.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Maisie our 4 month old Cockapoo brought her food back twice today. This is the first time this has happened. Her stools were a little loose and quite smelly, which is also something new. I found a tick on her this afternoon, on her left side. It took 3 pulls before I got it off. We walked in the long grassy wood at least 3 days ago, she may of got it then. Can ticks make your dog I'll ? Or could it be something else.

I would call your vet. It could be the tick or something else. But I'd check with your vet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've just found a tick on Ralph. The link given in the OP doesn't work for me. I don't have a tick remover but Ralph has his booster injection tomorrow at the vets. Should I wait and ask the vet to remove it for me. The tick is rather enlarged so has been there a few days I would think. Thank you.

·
Registered
11,625 Posts
Sorry no one has answered you.. I have removed ticks before so I would probably be confident to do it but I'm not sure if I would want to try to remove a really full one if I've not done it before and wouldn't want to advise you how to do it. The tool or fine tip tweezer is really only he safest way when they have been there a while to prevent the contents spilling out or back-flowing in though the skin..

Here is a link to tick website with more advice but I would definitely go to your vet tomorrow..

http://www.tickbitepreventionweek.org/tick-removal.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just found a tick on Ralph. The link given in the OP doesn't work for me. I don't have a tick remover but Ralph has his booster injection tomorrow at the vets. Should I wait and ask the vet to remove it for me. The tick is rather enlarged so has been there a few days I would think. Thank you.
Hi there,
I hope you managed to get sorted with the tick at the vets. Sorry but only just seen your post. Melanie

41 - 47 of 47 Posts