I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put Tiffin and Luna in crates in my office, where all of our house dogs sleep, for the first time last night at about 10.30pm. They both then proceeded to HOWL very loudly in my ear for 2 hours. (We don't have neighbours....or friends LOL !!) I had been up all of the previous night ;-) so they helped in keeping me awake while I caught up answering e-mails. They then settled down and the howls toned down into occasional moans, we then put Buzz, Yum-Yum, Fester and Ziggy to bed in their crates in the same room. Not a peep all night. I had to wake Tiffin and Luna up at 8 am took them outside (in the rain ) and they both had a poo. Good girls.

Julia xx

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Ah well done Luna and Tiffin!!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Poor you Julia 2 hrs is along time.

Sarah just seen you pick up Max in 4 days yay!! you have all this to come ha ha sorry to laugh but i can now that ive been through it tee hee

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wow what good girls indeed!! Can't believe you had to wake them up!!! Buzz and co must have been a very good influence on them!! Thanks so much for doing that and having to suffer the howling. Your efforts as always are very much appreciated :).

Can't wait to see Luna and you both on Saturday xxx

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Poor you Julia 2 hrs is along time.

Sarah just seen you pick up Max in 4 days yay!! you have all this to come ha ha sorry to laugh but i can now that ive been through it tee hee
Haha yes, I'm looking forward to it! I'm typing this from hubby's laptop in my tent in Thetford Forest. It's raining, so we are all in here (Me, hubby, our 3 kids, my sister, her hubby, my niece and their dog, luckily it is a decent sized tent!). We've had some lovely weather up until now though, so am not complaining, and even got to Hunstanton yesterday (although I may change my mind later on today and start complaining once the kids have drove me crazy...)

I've been practising my dog looking after skills (hahaha) with Doug, and have entered the panic mode where I am now wondering if I can cope with a dog and stuff... I think this is normal though?! Although I am so looking forward to Monday and collecting my little Maxypoo, have been thinking about him alot :D

This is Doug the Pugalier!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sarah i am so excited for you all!!!! Isnt the weather awful,did make me laugh picturing you all in a tent together,can you imagine if you had a puppy in there aswell:eek: 4 days will fly past. Im so in love with Pixie she is an amazing girl,you have every right to ba excited and a little nervous too,just get plenty of sleep in these next 4 days...say no more;)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hi Becky, it's an 8 man, 3 bedroom pod and one big pod in the middle sort of a tent, so quite roomy, Max will fit in too with no probs :D

4 days will definitely fly by, the kids are still counting the sleeps down, they have not forgotten like I thought they might!

It's still pouring down, thank goodness I have the laptop! Hubby and Brother in Law have gone off for a tour of a Whisky distillery, so just me and my sis etc for the time being :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
That whisky place is near me! You could always pop in to say hi?? Today i have 3 friends and their 6 kids coming at different times to see puppy!...Seriously you can always pop in!:)

Oh and Well done Tiffin and Luna!!!!! and well done Julia

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
That whisky place is near me! You could always pop in to say hi?? Today i have 3 friends and their 6 kids coming at different times to see puppy!...Seriously you can always pop in!:)

Oh and Well done Tiffin and Luna!!!!! and well done Julia
Ooh er no way!! How spooky! You don't live all that far from me then really, about an hour away as it took us just over an hour to get here from home! That is so cool! Would love to come over at some point, will see what our plans are. xx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
OMG Julia, you are one amazing woman :D I have one puppy (who is really not being any trouble at all), one well behaved dog, one cat, and 4 humans to look after and I am knackered despite getting 6-7 hours sleep every night. I am also not running my business at the moment - how do you do it????

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
OMG Julia, you are one amazing woman :D I have one puppy (who is really not being any trouble at all), one well behaved dog, one cat, and 4 humans to look after and I am knackered despite getting 6-7 hours sleep every night. I am also not running my business at the moment - how do you do it????
Same here! Let us know your secret;)

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, I'm not amazing (sadly ;) ).....Manuka Honey is a must, then doing something that I love, with someone that I love is a real joy :kiss: The Tantric massage is a bonus...when we get a chance ;) 'Hard work never killed anyone'...words from my Grandfather..a Yorkshireman with shovels for hands and a Desperate Dan jaw. I've never tired of being an animal midwife, after delivering god knows how many lambs (shame that they grow into sheep :eek:) and over 190 foals and now puppies I find each and every birth just magical !!! Nature is quite simply brilliant. Then on top of that to see the love, joy and excitement of those families with their new family member is lovely. The pro's out weigh the con's.

Julia xx

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Me too, and that is exactly why I have gone back to JD for another puppy. They breed top class puppies and go more than the extra mile for their customers .........and I have no idea where they get the energy from! Julia, which Manuka Honey?!! There's a lot of brands out there. Think I need some. :)

Karen xx

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Last night we kinda crashed on the settee at around 11pm (it's OK I had already done all the animals so we do tend to relax a little more then) - Julia came round at Midnight and put Luna and Tiffin into their crates in the house - they bleated for 5 mins then settled. I came round at 8:35am and went to put the kettle on. I found Luna and Tiffin both fast asleep - woke them up and took them to the decking (2 x wee + 2 x poo) :) Good Girls xxx

Stephen xx

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Julia, which Manuka Honey?!! There's a lot of brands out there. Think I need some. :)

Karen xx
Yes there are lots of different ones, and we've come across a couple that don't seem effective.:confused: On my last birthday my parents bought me two presents, the first was an antique gold chain....thank you very much that's lovely, was my response......and the second was a box of 12 jars of Manuka Honey, oh wow thank you soooooo much that's fantastic, was my contrasting reaction.:jumping::jumping::star::love-eyes::hug: In my book I value love, health and the energy to do the things you wish to over anything else.

UMF* Manuka Honey 15+ is very good www.manukahoney.co.uk

It's said to make you feel up to 20 years younger, I'd say it's not that far wrong.

Wishing you lots of :smile::jumping::jumping::jumping::whoo::whoo::whoo::star::star::star::laugh::laugh::laugh::juggle::juggle::juggle:

Julia xx

·
Registered
858 Posts
Last night we kinda crashed on the settee at around 11pm (it's OK I had already done all the animals so we do tend to relax a little more then) - Julia came round at Midnight and put Luna and Tiffin into their crates in the house - they bleated for 5 mins then settled. I came round at 8:35am and went to put the kettle on. I found Luna and Tiffin both fast asleep - woke them up and took them to the decking (2 x wee + 2 x poo) :) Good Girls xxx

Stephen xx
8.35am??!!! If Luna thinks she's getting a lie-in in my house she has another think coming lol!!!!

Aah seriously, I feel a very proud mummy :). And the thought of seeing her tomorrow has kept me going today at work :). Can't wait! She would have grown loads in two weeks!!!

Thanks for the post Stephen and I'll see you tomorrow xxx

1 - 20 of 43 Posts