I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Tilly is gorgeous Jeanie :D
Although there are no "papers "issued for crossbreeds, your breeder may be happy to give you a "family tree".
CCGB approved breeders will have the option of registering their litters and being issued with a "pedigree" which will be sent to new owners. This will show the pups' parents (including details of health testing), grandparents and great grandparents.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tilly is lovely. Such a lovely shaggy length, are you managing to look after it. I think I'd get in a pickle.

Love the bed one too. Millie gives me that look when I'm on the floor doing my yoga. :D
Hi,
It's only in the last 2weeks or so that her coat is after getting longer,
I would brush her every other day and trim her face a paws and cut her nails,
Her adult coat is starting to come in so now this is where the fun starts, 😉

Jeanie x

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In regards to getting papers,

We don't have any contact with the breeder as we think he was a gangster to be honest was only in it for the money,

When we got Tilly I brought her for a vet check, and it wasn't on till my second visit to the vet that he told me that Tilly was a very unhealthy pup when he first saw her,
He also re vaccinated her at that stage cause he didn't trust the breeder and had suspicions that she came from a puppy farm,

Of course at this stage we had fallen in love with Tilly and I didn't care where she came from, she now need our love and care so we decided to not have any contact with the breeder,

Jeanie x

Jeanie x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
In regards to getting papers,

We don't have any contact with the breeder as we think he was a gangster to be honest was only in it for the money,

When we got Tilly I brought her for a vet check, and it wasn't on till my second visit to the vet that he told me that Tilly was a very unhealthy pup when he first saw her,
He also re vaccinated her at that stage cause he didn't trust the breeder and had suspicions that she came from a puppy farm,

Of course at this stage we had fallen in love with Tilly and I didn't care where she came from, she now need our love and care so we decided to not have any contact with the breeder,

Jeanie x

Jeanie x
Sounds like a wise plan to keep well away from him - is there an RSPCA equivalent organisation you can report him to Jeanie?

Tilly is a gorgeous looking girl now, good luck with the adult coat, Izzy has been fine so far.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like a wise plan to keep well away from him - is there an RSPCA equivalent organisation you can report him to Jeanie?

Tilly is a gorgeous looking girl now, good luck with the adult coat, Izzy has been fine so far.... :rolleyes:
There is,
But when I thought about it, I reckoned it was my own fault for paying him the money,
I went against everything I knew the min I saw Tilly,

Oh well lesson learned on my behalf,

Thanks for post,

Hope they're coats stay hassle free, I doubt it some how😉

Jeanie x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Jeannie, I do not wish to make you uncomfortable, nor to try to tell you what to do, I can totally understand how hard it would have been for you to walk away from Tilly, and I am sure I would have done the same thing as you a year ago, but if no-one speaks out against people like him they will be allowed to continue to breed potentially unhealthy puppies, in conditions too awful to imagine for the poor breeding bitches.
There was a thread here recently by someone whose pup survived a similar experience although she was desperately ill, and at least one of her siblings is known to have died.
For the sake of others to come, mums, pups and potential owners having sick pups, would you not be prepared to make a phone call? I am sure that it would be treated in confidence, and you would not be judged.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Tilly could be Biscuit's bigger sister! - similar coat and colouring. She certainly looks the picture of health now.

No pressure but I would be very inclined to report your breeder otherwise, like Ali says, it just goes on and on.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeannie, I do not wish to make you uncomfortable, nor to try to tell you what to do, I can totally understand how hard it would have been for you to walk away from Tilly, and I am sure I would have done the same thing as you a year ago, but if no-one speaks out against people like him they will be allowed to continue to breed potentially unhealthy puppies, in conditions too awful to imagine for the poor breeding bitches.
There was a thread here recently by someone whose pup survived a similar experience although she was desperately ill, and at least one of her siblings is known to have died.
For the sake of others to come, mums, pups and potential owners having sick pups, would you not be prepared to make a phone call? I am sure that it would be treated in confidence, and you would not be judged.
Oh really,
Thats very sad,

I would do it no prob but I only have the area the man is in p, a name and a phone number,
Would thar be enough info to report him?

The add is well gone,
Thanks for your advice I appreciate it x

Jeanie x

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
:eek:hno:
Oh really,
Thats very sad,

I would do it no prob but I only have the area the man is in p, a name and a phone number,
Would thar be enough info to report him?

The add is well gone,
Thanks for your advice I appreciate it x

Jeanie x
Hi Jeanie,

I'm sure a name and telephone number would be enough to report this man to the authorities, and it sounds like your vet would give information to back you up too. It's shocking to hear of the terrible conditions breeding bitches and pups are kept in on puppy farms and equivalent, and by doing nothing we allow these people to continue, they are only interested in the money.:eek:hno:

Good for you planning to report it!

Sue x

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.