I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Lucca is going to the vets tomorrow and I am feeling so guilty! He has been such a nuisance recently with other dogs and is difficult to recall etc. He is booked in for 11am (after morning surgery) on 11/11/11 - hopefully this is a lucky sign & all will be well. Will let you all know how he is after the op....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've just brought Lucca home and he is soooo sleepy! When I collected him he was quite lively and even jumped up onto his car seat before I could stop him! I was surprised he was so awake but since we've been home he has curled up on his bed and slept. I have drawn the curtains, put the fire on and hunkered down for the night. I called my husband to say I simply can't cook tonight so fingers crossed he will get the message and pick up a takeaway!! It it too early for a glass of wine??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for all your best wishes. Lucca spent all evening snoozing, woke up for about an hour, had a snack then slept again all night. This morning he has had a little breakfast, a trip out to the garden for his ablutions (seemed a little uncomfortable; no surprises there I suppose!!), and is now dozing again. He seems to be rather lack-lustre and lethargic but it is early days. He is licking his wound but seems to be leaving the stitches alone. The vet gave me a collar in case he was bothered, perhaps that time will come..... I know there are a lot of pups out there who will be going through this over the next few weeks/months. I will post again in a little while so you can all know what to expect!! xxx

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks so much for all your best wishes. Lucca spent all evening snoozing, woke up for about an hour, had a snack then slept again all night. This morning he has had a little breakfast, a trip out to the garden for his ablutions (seemed a little uncomfortable; no surprises there I suppose!!), and is now dozing again. He seems to be rather lack-lustre and lethargic but it is early days. He is licking his wound but seems to be leaving the stitches alone. The vet gave me a collar in case he was bothered, perhaps that time will come..... I know there are a lot of pups out there who will be going through this over the next few weeks/months. I will post again in a little while so you can all know what to expect!! xxx
Don't let him lick the wound as he will introduce infection and make it sore. Use the collar whilst you are not with him to stop him having a good old lick when he thinks he won't get stopped! He should brighten up by tomorrow and before long you will be struggling to keep him quiet!! :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.