I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered what time do you feed your dogs and what time do your dogs generally have a poo? So sorry!!! :D

I was told to make the last feed about 4.30 so that Daisy poos before bed but this doesn't always work and we have woken up a couple of times to find she has done it in the night. This is not good for her and I am sure it will work itself out but but I am hoping that she will soon get into a poo routine! :rolleyes: I just wondered if the time of feeding has an impact on it! :D

Any suggestions welcome!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I get Buddy up at 6.30am feed him about 7.30am then feed him again around 6.30-7pm he then plays outside for abit and always manages to do a poo which is good cus he usually flakes out by 8pm and then we try to take him out for a 10pm wee but he just wont wake up so ive been putting him straight to bed ,he stirs about 5.30am but i dont go down till 6.30 and he hasnt wet his bed yet,touch wood!

·
Registered
322 Posts
15 weekish pup, martha
Last feed between 7 - 7.30pm
Bed by 1030
I get up at 630 and she stays crated until I have made my cuppa.
Then out like a shot to poo and wee.
Most mornings I put her back in her crate for another hour after that. It's quiet then an with other dogs it stops play time until I am ready lol

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds like a good routine! I am feeding Daisy at 4.30 but this morning she pooed in her crate about 4am. :( I am just trying to work out good feed times to establish some kind of food/poo routine. Are you feeding 2 or 3 meals per day. Breeder said 2 but a local trainer said 3 meals? There is always so much different advice around!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Izzy has only recently been able to go through the night without a pee. She is fed in the morning (currently often refuses to eat), fed again at 5.00 pm and water removed at 7.00 pm. Taken out for a pee at 10.00 pm. We get up around 6.00 am. Generally poos about 3 times a day. 6.30 am, 10.00 am (during morning walk) and early evening.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Lady who is almost 11 months gets to go out for a pee and poo at 7:30am then inside for breakfast. then she poos again around 4:30-5:00 then it is fed again at 7:30 pm then sometimes goes for another poo at 9 final pee at 10:00-10:30

·
Registered
582 Posts
Pixie is on NI,she gets up between 6-6.30 out for a wee and poo, breakfast at 7-7.30, maybe another poo! then lunch at 12ish another poo ,dinner at 6,then another poo! last wee at 9.30 bed at 10. Dont mind all that poo as its hard,small and odourless:D I have been told to split her daily amount into 3 meals,hence Breakfast,lunch,dinner.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just wondered what time do you feed your dogs and what time do your dogs generally have a poo? So sorry!!! :D

I was told to make the last feed about 4.30 so that Daisy poos before bed but this doesn't always work and we have woken up a couple of times to find she has done it in the night. This is not good for her and I am sure it will work itself out but but I am hoping that she will soon get into a poo routine! :rolleyes: I just wondered if the time of feeding has an impact on it! :D

Any suggestions welcome!
Hi
We feed Milo & Alfie three times a day.....
Get them up at 7am out for poo and wee then feed 80% NI & 20% Orijen...
Back into their crate at 9am as Jeannette goes to work and I'm sleeping off night's..I get up 1245pm pups out for wee & poo...
1pm mid day feed, same as breakfast just slightly smaller....
7pm evening meal same as breakfast....
10.30pm out for wee and poo(not always) and then to bed.....
Never had a poo in their crate:):) and only one wee on first night....
We believe this works well, puppies stomach's never over stretched always ready for next meal and mostly we have a bowel movement within 15mins of eating....sorry about that bit at dinner time:rolleyes: ****

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the sounds of it I am doing the same as you guys. Daisy has seperation issues which is why at the moment she is prone to messing in her crate but these have been reducing. I am hoping that by getting her into a routine of feeding and walking at certain times her movements will start to get more regular. As she gets less stressed about the crate at night time I also think it will sort itself out but I just wanted to confirm what times people were feeding incase I was feeding too early or late. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Flossy has 3 feeds a day, 7am, 2pm and now 8.30pm, her last feed was cant 5.30_6pm but was waking up every morning to poo so kendal adviced me that she feeds her girls last feed between 8 and 10pm, the 8.30pm feed seems to have worked we have not had a poo inside since we changed

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Flossy has 3 feeds a day, 7am, 2pm and now 8.30pm, her last feed was cant 5.30_6pm but was waking up every morning to poo so kendal adviced me that she feeds her girls last feed between 8 and 10pm, the 8.30pm feed seems to have worked we have not had a poo inside since we changed
ooh that's very interesting, I had avoided feeding that late as thought that was more likely to produce poo through the night if you get my drift. So feeding earlier ie 5.30/6pm is more likely to result in poo though the night

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Millie is now 6 1/2 months. She's been on two feeds a day since just over 5 months, NI.

Get up at 7 7.30am, let Millie out. Always a wee, sometimes a poo.
Walk at 8.30am. Wee and poo, if not had one first thing. She usually poo's twice in a short space of time.
Feed after walk at 9.30am.

Sometimes a random poo in the garden during the day.
Dinner between 5pm & 6pm. Walk about 30 mins later. Wee & Poo.

Millie starts to sleep about 8.30/9pm. Take her out for her night wee at 11pm or earlier if I want to go to bed.

I was told by a friend that the poo always comes about 15 mins after eating. Can't say I've found that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i agree, Flossy's morning poo i think is from her last night before feed, lunch time ish poo from breakfast and her night poo from lunch, and if im really lucky might even get a just cus i can poo at some random time through the day lol. How sad i know what time my puppy poo's, really must get out more

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's Really useful information from everyone, thank you! I might try Kendals suggestion of feeding later in the evening. She is up so early and looking for food that I feed her about 7am, then 12.30 and then about 4.30pm, although tonight it was about 6pm as I had already decided to push the time back a bit. She just always seems to be hungry and the NI disapears in about two mouthfuls! At least when I give her a chicken wing it seems to keep her busy for a while! :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Im going to try spliting Buddys feeds more by giving a lunch time one i could feed later also maybe Buddy will sleep later in the morning also thanks dx

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
So yesterday I spent all day taking Max out and hoping he'd poo, and nothing! So today after his breakfast I dithered and was doing something else and lo and behold, within a few minutes he had done an unexpected poo... and here was me thinking the 15 minute thing was rubbish!

I can't wait to get started on the NI so we get some sort of routine in place! This thread has been very helpful :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think the 15 min thing is true also,as after each meal Pixie 90% of the time has a poo shortly after:) Hope you ok Sarah,it is really tough at first and i though i would never sleep a full night again! But she is brill now:):) x

1 - 20 of 26 Posts