I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Axle is now almost 7 months old and we have come a LONG way. He is completely potty trained. He sits on command which is sooo adorable because his little feet go out to the side so he looks like snuggle the bear. The CUTEST thing though that he does is this. I take him for a walk every 5 hours, and when it's that time he knows! He will walk to the door and sit there to wait for me. I then walk to the door myself, sit down and he will walk to me and sit in front of me. Now I do not use a collar I use a harnass, so he will lift each paw individually to get them into the holes. When he is all strapped in he will turn around and let me attach the hook to the leash. After the walk, I say "Go home" and he will walk himself home. Please note, we live on the 3rd floor. He will walk up those stairs and go to our door and wait there for me. Then I open the door and he will sit near his treats allow me to take off his gear (lol) and waits for his treat. He eats it, gets some water, then follows me to wherever I am and just lay with me. Ahhh. Cockapoos are truly the best dogs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh wow, what a well behaved dog. Bramble jumps like tigger when she's sees me go for the lead, even though she gets walked at exactly the same time most week days! I have to wait for ages for her to calm down before I can put her lead on she just gets way too over excited. I was hoping this was just a puppy thing - guess I'm going to have to work harder at calming her down. I'd love her to sit and wait patiently by the door for me while I put my boots on and get her lead!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww Mandy. Maybe she will grow out of it. I think I just got lukcy or something because I did not teach him this, he just picked it up and did it on his own. I was quite suprised when he started to do this. But I am sure glad that he does do it. I will say though, Axle does jump lke tigger as well! He jumps so high! Does Bramble jump really high too?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Jess, I'm working on the jumping before going on the lead, having a little success, have put her lead on and put it on the front door knob while I get my boots on and this seems to be helping.
Tigger jumping, oh yes........... I think she could double for him. I take her training and the lady who takes it says she'll be really good at agility! but she's not quite old enough yet. Also another strange thing she does is if she sees something interesting while out on her lead she'll walk on her hind paws just like a meerkat........it's hilarious :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mandy, Axle does the SAME thing and I love it! Axle walks on his back legs as well and he moves them together kinda like a bunny. lol :p

J maree, your very welcome! I love to share stories here with you all! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts