I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else notice how toothy cockapoos are when playing?? Weller sometimes looks so fierce when he is playing, all of his teeth seem to be on display, like some sort of shark :eek: Some owners do seem to be a bit worried by the amount of teeth on show when weller is having a really good play with their dogs. I absolutely know weller is only playing but have noticed when we have met other poos that it seems a common trait in them and I can often hear their teeth knocking together when mucking around.
Weller also used to play quite silently up until he reached about a year then it all changed and some strange noises can be heard wile he is playing, anyone else noticed this in their poos?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
It's very coincidental that you say that as we met Chilli, a red cockapoo, in the park again today and she and Biscuit were doing just that. I have never noticed Biscuit do this but Chilli is 9 weeks older and it could be something they do as they get older. Her owner said 'do you think it's ok that they are baring their teeth like that?!' I thought it all looked friendly as there were no growly noises with it. Like you say, it looked like they were going into each others faces like it. Very strange!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes you probably haven't noticed it.
My dogs play in a pack after Flyball all sizes of dogs teeth showing and clashing no aggression just a good blowing of steam, the only dog that doesn't do it is Cherry, she only has three legs so she just head buts every one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.