I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

Tough few days

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Laura(L)Izzie 
#1 ·
I have had a tough couple of days with some bad news about a good friend, life can be unfair sometimes.
I have been amazed at how much comfort Billy has unwittingly provided. From extra cuddles, therapeutic walks and just generally being around.
We are so lucky to have him as part of our family...
H x

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about your sad news Helen, sometimes life does seem unfair. :(

I am glad that Billy has been a comfort to you, it is amazing how even when you feel sad those little bundles of fluff can put a smile on your face.

Hope you are ok and sending you hugs. :hug: x

#5 ·
Thank you Laura, Sarah and Karen for your kind thoughts, I think bad news can sometimes make you assess things and maybe have more appreciation that sometimes the little things in life really are the big things.
It might sound weird but I really feel that Billy instinctively knows that I am worried and sad so he has been a bit more clingy and good. I realize that pets can sometimes give you something's that humans don't!
Helen x

#6 ·
It's no problem :) I know what you mean, bad things put life into perspective, you realise what really matters & what doesn't.
Tbh tonight i've had my moment of sadness & feel better for getting it off my chest to my boyfriend, & also understand what you mean about dogs understanding, Izzie could obviously tell as she ran up to the sofa & then barked at me & layed next to me & fell asleep, it's lovely :)
I hope things are okay with your friend, & when you talk on forums you realise generally that you aren't the only one, hope you're okay :) x

#7 ·
Sorry that you were upset too Laura and glad your boyfriend was there for you. My hubby is out tonight and the girls are in bed so I guess my mind is just working overtime. Sure a Billy cuddle before bed will fix me up.
Tomorrow is another day .....
H x

#8 ·
It's okay :) Everyoe has problems & sometimes people just need to let it out I guess, one thing leads onto another, so I know what you mean about you mind working overtime! My boyfriend is great :) Always there for a big cuddle! :D Just like your Billy ;) I hope everything turns out okay for you :) & your friend x

#10 ·
Not a problem :) Haha what a coincidence :) On of my teachers at school once called me 'Lozza G' (my second name is Golding) I was horrified! :eek: All my friends used to call me 'LG' but I just couldn't believe he called me it lol. Most people just call me Laura now, I never liked 'Loz' so I don't bother with nicknames except 'LG' if people already know it :) x

#12 ·
Well that's fine then if she's only young :) I have some family friends (like a brother & sister to me) & the girl is 6 six years younger than me so when she was younger she called me 'Lozza' as well haha, although the names my stick if she has close friends calling her it that she'll know a long time ;) That why I get 'LG' now haha.

I'm glad you're feeling better :D So am I tbh, even though i'm watching deep blue seas with my most hated animals (sharks) killing everyone! Haha x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.