I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Treacle has finally bounced back to her old self after experiencing her first season. I noticed so many changes to her personality and also found the whole experience very restricting.
She is booked in for a keyhole Spay on 25th January [you do not have to wait 3 months when it is the laparoscopic Spay] and although I am nervous about it, I will be glad when it is all done and dusted.
I will update about her spay experience as I know I read previous experiences and they helped me make a decision on when and which method would suit Treacle.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Aww, treacle is so beautiful, she looks like a pup still, how old is she? I know I was relieved when we had Pepper spayed, felt guilty leaving her at the vets but I knew we'd done the right thing, I don't think I could've copedbwith a season.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Nadine ... that first season is a funny time .. I do understand ...

Please keep us posted about Treacle's spay :) :) keyhole seems to be more and more popular xxx

Lovely pic by the way ... I know Colin would love a Treacle look a like :) she is gorgeous

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I just love Treacle's colouring. Glad to hear she is back to herself. It's horrible when they aren't themselves.

Fingers crossed Treacle's spay is as straightforward as Colin's Betty's did via keyhole.

·
Registered
739 Posts
So glad treacle is getting back to her old self.she is absolutely beautiful,her markings are stunning!!! xxx
She is yummy isn't she?! Another one on here that i would quite happily recieve in the post!! :D

Just when i think i have found my fave colour, i see another and change my mind!! Ahh, i want them all!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hello! Oh I do love Treacle. And oh how I'm dreading Luna's 1st season. Interestingly, when I last visited the vet they also told me you no longer have to wait three months for the op after the 1st season, only 6 weeks I think it was, and that's for the normal op as Luna has a hernia which needs removing at the same time so keyhole is out of the question for us. So I guess the rules have changed.

Fingers crossed all goes well Nadine.

Harri x

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
So glad to hear that Treacle is back to her normal self! :)

I wonder why they have changed their views then? Daisy's finished mid December but at the moment she is going through a phantom pregnancy. I am going to get some advice from my vet. :)

Hope it all goes well for Treacle. x

·
Registered
172 Posts
Treacle is gorgeous I love her colouring.

Oh how I hate this topic, Wynny is 6 and a half months and we are dreading the first season. We have long runs with other dogs every day and the not knowing when it will happen is the worst thing. Just can't wait for it all to be done and dusted.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
So glad to hear that Treacle is back to her normal self! :)

I wonder why they have changed their views then? Daisy's finished mid December but at the moment she is going through a phantom pregnancy. I am going to get some advice from my vet. :)

Hope it all goes well for Treacle. x
Oh Sarah .. sorry to hear Daisy is experiencing a phantom pregnancy, I have read quite a bit about this but not experienced it ... I recall removing toys, less water intake for her, less carbs in her diet and that she may do it with each season ... but I would speak to my vet if it was one of my gals too :) :)

Love to Daisy ... ahh love her

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.