I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to give our puppy a treat when she goes outside in her designated spot but I am so confused regarding what to give her. Currently we are using small pieces of milk bone. What do other people use for puppies who are only 9 week old.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hello ,i have Buddy whos 11 weeks and ive been using dried liver for when he goes outside to do his business and i just use his kibble for training.

Ive also tryed mild chedder cut into small pieces and he likes them too.To be honest i hardly give him any treats for doing his business outside now just every now and again he mostly gets a very enthusiastic "well done Buddy,good boy"

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
we used praise for lady at first for her house training, she was a hard one to house train tho. and we switched to the freeze dried liver....milk bones have alot of fillers in them, something more protien filled would be great.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
you want something soft and smelly that they will eat quick, you don't want something they have to sit a chew.

you want the treat so be small, you don't want to fill the puppy up, which milk bones will do.

liver cake
ham
chicken
hot dogs/frankfurters
cheese

either have a cube that you tare bits off, or cut up into bits smaller than a fingernail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts