I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best to get for a puppy, ooh it all looks lovely, do I need the ear cleaner too:D

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Hi Jayne,

All of our puppies leave us with a bottle of Tropiclean Shampoo and a bottle of D-Mat Tangle Remover spray as a standard part of the JD Puppy Pack.

You may not need it that often but ear cleaner may be handy to have on the shelf too.

Hope that helps x

Stephen xx

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jayne,

All of our puppies leave us with a bottle of Tropiclean Shampoo and a bottle of D-Mat Tangle Remover spray as a standard part of the JD Puppy Pack.

You may not need it that often but ear cleaner may be handy to have on the shelf too.

Hope that helps x

Stephen xx
thankyou, now to choose which shampoo:cool:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Jayne I have been using a great ear cleaner which was recommended by my vet, so very doggy safe, also I have been using some lovely dog shampoos and a brilliant conditioner from the Pet Head collection, have a peek at my blog.. it may help you.

I love the Pet Head collection (but is only recommended for Cool Dog... that’s GG in then ...) and I wish you could actually feel my dogs .. their coats are amazingly soft, no mats or tangles .. just pure softness... Oh and the smell is wonderful .. ok I really like it and I am so impressed with it .. give it a go :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Trpiclean smells scrummy! She doesnt need one yet really but may give Pixie a bath just to try it out... May take some pics too :D
How often should you bath a puppy?
I have asked this question to a few professional groomers the answer was around every 3-4 weeks for a house dog/pet or longer for a kennelled/outside dog .... I try to leave my dogs as long as possible but it is around every 4 weeks I think, they will get rather smelly after some of the adventures we go on :)

I hope this helps .. :S

Kendal is a professional groomer .. she will be more qualified than me to give advice here...

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Jayne,

Julia used to be a professional dog groomer and swears by Tropiclean (having worked with a number of product ranges) - it's not the cheapest though it's a quality product.

Any of the shampoo "flavours" would be fine - they don't contain soap or detergent so can be used as little or as often as you like and don't wash off flea treatment.

Again - we only "suggest" things - should you choose to act on our suggestions then thats totally up to you x

Also nice to have is the Papaya Mist Pet Spray as a cologne.

Stephen xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts