I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey our inca was around 6 or 7 months before she was dry in the house.

is it just pees that he does in the house.

do you ring the bell every time that door is oppend. maybe he is still exspecting you top tell him to ring the bell more like a trick than a call to say i need out. maybe if you ring it every time the door oppens he isll work it out.
Dave used the bell trick we didnt so he might be able to help better.

you realy just need to watch him, he hasnt learnd yet that their is a difference between the house and outside.

makesure you know when he has had a drink, if you know that you should be able to time when he will pee.

dose he pee on command when on a walk. try and keep commands short to like one word.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
yeah my girls all pee on command too 'pee pee'

you might have to just go back to basics and take him out every hour or every half hour so he learns that outside is where he pees.

even if he rings the bell you should contunue to ring it yourself untill he dose it by himself several times with out fale, as there is always the chance it was a fluck and he did it by accident.

the only way he will asosiat 'bad boy' with peeing in the hous is if you catch him in the act. a correction needs to take place with in 3 secconds of the action or it means nothing to your dog.

its like if your dog runs of and dosnt come back when you call, when he does come back and you give him into trouble he thinks he is in trouble for coming back to you. its all about timeing. you cant exsplain to them like you can to a child.

give him lots of prase when he pees outside, even give him a treat, make it the best thing he could do so that he want to pee outside again so he can please you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts