I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, we brought home our beautiful F1 cockapoo, truffle last week, he's settling in so well! I was just wondering about his coat, do you think he'll be a smoothie or could his coat turn wavy? He has super wavy ears and quite a lot of wave around his neck but seems smooth and fluffy elsewhere? I've posted some photos below.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks milliesdad! He is indeed! We're in love! It's quite exciting not knowing what he'll look like grown up!

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Lovely - look at that pink belliy - I think he'll be just like Ruth's lovely gorgeous Lola Bear - one of my favourite cockapoos ever.... I'll find a photo link for you ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all, we brought home our beautiful F1 cockapoo, truffle last week, he's settling in so well! I was just wondering about his coat, do you think he'll be a smoothie or could his coat turn wavy? He has super wavy ears and quite a lot of wave around his neck but seems smooth and fluffy elsewhere? I've posted some photos below.
Hi, just wondered if Truffle's coat has changed slightly? - we've had Fred for 2 and a half weeks now (so not long) but at 7 weeks his coat was completely straight - 3 weeks later it's starting to change with little waves appearing so we're not sure at all how he'll look when the adult coat comes through - will post a pic x

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi! Truffles coat has changed slightly, he has more of a wave along the back of his neck but he's still smooth elsewhere. Still as gorgeous too :blush:

·
Registered
14 Posts
He's such a beautiful boy - fortunately we have no rugs for Fred to ruin but he chewed my new Havianas which had to be binned and he's pretty much trying to chew everything in sight. Out of all his chew toys he seems to love the diy old sock with a knot in the middle, soaked in water and frozen overnight - keeps him occupied for a quite a while :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh the sock idea is a good one! I'll have to try it! He's also demolished about 10 baubles! Have you got any recent photos of freddy?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh the sock idea is a good one! I'll have to try it! He's also demolished about 10 baubles! Have you got any recent photos of freddy?
Hopefully he didn't eat any bits of the baubles! I keep finding all kinds of bits and pieces in Fred's mouth and constantly thinking 'thank god he never swallowed that' ha ha - hard work.....Fred had his first walks this week and we took him straight off the lead - he stays close by so not too nerve wracking....here are photos of him this week x

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing swallowed yet! I chase him all the time trying to get things out of his mouth! Fred is absolutely gorgeous!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
He certainly has the Cockapoo ears - quite curly with the rest of him being quite smooth. And - he has those darling cockapoo feet. He looks like a little cockapoo with a mainly smooth coat. BUT - from what I have read - Coat can change some when adult hair comes in.. I am probable the last one to ask. I love your dog's color and the way he is. My little guy is about 5 month olds -- wavy and curly. He has a very nice coat - but still - it is his puppy coat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
Can I ask how Truffle’s coat developed as a grown up? I have a smoothie 13 weeks, she is very similar to your pup and I am really curious what a possible outcome can be? She sheds a lot now and I am hoping it’s getting better by time. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts