I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
ahahaha yep, that's about the look Rufus was giving us today :( Could break your heart! He was happy as a clam after though (he knew he looked good)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
ahahaha yep, that's about the look Rufus was giving us today :( Could break your heart! He was happy as a clam after though (he knew he looked good)
how did his first bath go ? did he stand for you or wrigle about lots trying to jump out the bath.

·
Registered
710 Posts
how did his first bath go ? did he stand for you or wrigle about lots trying to jump out the bath.
Well, we took him to a place where they have everything there but you wash them yourself, so the tub they had had this little leash/collar that we put on him. He probably would have jumped right out of the tub if he didn't have that on. He was wriggling a LOT and kept putting his front legs up on the front of the tub (which was actually helpful in cleaning his belly heehee) but I just felt awful for him. He was shivering too cuz he was scared.
We also tried using a blowdryer they had there to dry him since it's so cold out and that definitely freaked him out too but by the end he seemed a little more calm. Definitely not his favorite experience but hopefully it will just get better with time. I think if I had done it in the tub at home there would have been no hope for me, since he wouldn't be essentially strapped in. He would have been out in no time and bouncing off the walls!!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Well, we took him to a place where they have everything there but you wash them yourself, so the tub they had had this little leash/collar that we put on him. He probably would have jumped right out of the tub if he didn't have that on. He was wriggling a LOT and kept putting his front legs up on the front of the tub (which was actually helpful in cleaning his belly heehee) but I just felt awful for him. He was shivering too cuz he was scared.
We also tried using a blowdryer they had there to dry him since it's so cold out and that definitely freaked him out too but by the end he seemed a little more calm. Definitely not his favorite experience but hopefully it will just get better with time. I think if I had done it in the tub at home there would have been no hope for me, since he wouldn't be essentially strapped in. He would have been out in no time and bouncing off the walls!!
you can get theas suction cup things that you stick to your bath tub so they dont jump out. guoomers use them all the time.

http://www.groomers-online.com/product.php/358/bath-choker

this is Gypsy and Inca in one of the out dore after walk dog baths, it was winter and freezing i realy should have bathed them as the dryer was cold not freezing but not worm either.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am glad Rufus made it through his first bath!!! poor little dude...by bath 3 he will be much better :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
haha thank you! just another experience for him to open his eyes to :) I think it will get better (and I will stay more dry!)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Need one of those chokers Wilfs fine but Mable , well she's like a drowning cat, wriggling and squirming and trying to jump out not a pleasant experience for either of us x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts