I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is there anything to be said for having 2 separate beds for your new puppy so that they have somewhere to go and have a snooze when they want but without them having to get into the crate? Or will they just rip it to bits? Thanks.

Andrea

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
When Lady was a young thing she did try to destroy her bed...so I kept her with her puppy bed untill she was bigger...now she has a nice bed. she never did destroy the other one tho. she also had her crate, but never ever went there for a snooze.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
most dog owners have dog beds all over the house, one thing i would say is dont spend alot of mony on your first one, you never know how destructive your pup will be, i kn ow somone who spent also £50-£60 i think on a pink prinsess puppy bed, only for the puppy to start pulling the stuffing out whithin the first week.

so go cheep till you know what your pup is going to be like.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree with the go cheap bed idea. I got Milo a mattress for his crate and a donut bed for lounging with us. Mattress still intact but donut bed is now a mess. He managed to decipher how to turn it upside down and to work the zip so got the cushion out of the bed. Also unzipped the cushion and got stuffing out. Zips all got damaged with his teeth work. I have replaced it with a zip free bed so it's more robust. I'd advise checking any bed for ease of destruction...

Having more than one bed just makes things more flexible instead of moving beds around as cockapoos love to be by your side.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Rosie has her cage at the bottom of the stairs, a sturdy plastic bed in the snug lined with vet bed, a big furry cushion in front of the fireplace in the sitting room and also a bit of vet bed in front of the aga in the kitchen. And at this moment, she is lying on the floor at my feet! Spoiled pooch!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Roxie now 4 months old has her crate for night time. In the box room next to mine. it has an old towel in the bottom for absorbancy and a fluffy fleice blanket for comfort. And her teddy. I am very lucky she has been dry for a few weeks now. :) And has just started sleeping through the night. I bought a large dog bed cushon. Then made two covers using an old single quilt cover. This is her day bed in the lounge. She tends to sleep on it most afternoons but spends the rest of her time on the flour next to my feet.
Debbie

·
Registered
157 Posts
Poppy has just eaten her second bed. It was a fluffy special bed for pups for £20. I have just ordered 2 crate mats for home and work and she can sleep on that. She ignores the crate during the day, and sleeps in the most uncomfortable places. On the hard kitchen floor, on a stair, and at work if she is put in the crate she stretches out and rests her head in her water bowl. To conclude, wait to see if the puppy cares about beds as the floor is just as sufficient!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.