I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very nervous and concerned as I let Poppy off the lead for the first time! It was only her 4th time out! There s a fab small field totally secure in St. Albans so I knew she wouldn't get out but it still felt odd letting her go!

At the same time she met up with our friends' 17 week old beagle called Leo and she had no idea what to do! She was desperatel to make friends but had no idea how.

She soon learnt and turned from being submissive to quite dominant which really surprised me as I thought she was quite meek!

I thought Leo would distract her from my call but she did one bounding back to me and I rewarded her with a treat.

All in all it was quite successful!

Jane x

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Oh well done Jane! It really is a good idea to let our pups off the lead right from the start when they are wary of the world. You've done it ....Poppy was fine ......there'll be no stopping you now! :)

Karen xx

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Yeay! Seeing your little cockapoo running about ears a flapping is the best thing in the world :D
I'm SO glad we let Vincent off lead, he obviously is so much happier :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh well done! I am counting the days down until we can 'run free'!! 2nd lots of jabs next week and then another week then we can safely leave the house without being carried!
I am starting puppy training classes in January and spoke to a great lady when I booked on and she said the same to let Riley off the lead in a park from day one and that he would stay near me because the world will look very big and of course if you have something tasty in your pocket! I have received a great little treat training bag as a gift made by Clix, it is fab for carrying treats and has a zip part for your keys and a various ways of attaching - Riley spots the bag and is never far away !
Enjoy your walks !

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh well done! I am counting the days down until we can 'run free'!! 2nd lots of jabs next week and then another week then we can safely leave the house without being carried!
I am starting puppy training classes in January and spoke to a great lady when I booked on and she said the same to let Riley off the lead in a park from day one and that he would stay near me because the world will look very big and of course if you have something tasty in your pocket! I have received a great little treat training bag as a gift made by Clix, it is fab for carrying treats and has a zip part for your keys and a various ways of attaching - Riley spots the bag and is never far away !
Enjoy your walks !
Thanks! My vet said 2 weeks after the 2nd jab. Perhaps it depends on the make of vaccine. It was fun though! Puppy training on Friday! Looking forward to it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts