I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is just another 'phase' but we thought we were really making progress on the biting and taught 'off' and now at 16 weeks Dexter has decided to start up again - is it teething ? He's not just chewing though, its full on teeth into leg scenario & repeated growls :mad:

We have noticed that often when he starts, if we take him to the garden he will poo - could he be using biting as his signal ? (although quite why when he's been good with his bells or just a look to us )

Arrrgh - frustrating. Beginning to think my cute bundle of fluff that everyone coos over must have a split personality !!

· Registered
368 Posts
We noticed gisgo bit more just before his teeth started falling out! And it was proper biting too! We bought some pizzles which seem to have really helped with his teeth. So I think it may be his teeth starting. We were able to feel them wobbly - perhaps you could try giving them a wobble, see if they are loose.

· Registered
3,583 Posts
16 weeks is the time they start teething. Kendal has suggested before to freeze a damp tea towel and let them chew on that.

It sounds like a phase to me, so stick with the training, don't give up, he will return to listening to you soon. :D

· Registered
740 Posts
Bailey has started to lose his teeth already, he's sixteen weeks tommorow, i noticed his first tooth loss yesterday, and he also has another wobbly tooth, he doesn't really bite at us but layla my bulldog takes alot of the brunt (biting her through play) i also give him an empty hoove to chew on and various dog toys...

Leanne x

· Registered
519 Posts
Milo is 12 weeks old and I'm greeted every morning with frantic puppy nipping
mainly feet and hands and I seem to walk round with him attached permantly attached to my pjs or dressing gown.At lunch time when I get home from work he does the same again.I think it's his way of greeting me and at the moment no amount of telling him no or swopping me for a toy has much effect.He has a mad half hour in the evenings when he thinks it's fun to play lets nip and run. Oh the joys of having a puppy:D

· Registered
1,269 Posts
I would say he is teething, Hattie never really tried to bite but more used her mouth to investigate your hand, trousers, towels etc. They are really just using it as another sense. A propper bite would be for a reason ie to prevent you from doing something or to protect food etc and done with a purpose. It goes on for around 3 to 4 weeks give lots of chews and be firm that you are not to be used as a teething ring!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.