I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone else uses a command like "This Way" to just keep their cockapoo following in the same direction. I use this loads so Millie knows which way we are going.

I only use "Come" if I need her to return directly to me.

I also wonder what other commands are used in general. I made a list for my neighbour who was dog sitting Millie for week. I didn't realise I used so many commands/words with Millie ;)

·
Administrator
5,034 Posts
The words dont actualy matter. thats why you can teach a dog in any language. its just the word they associate with the action. its just there are general words people tend to use when training.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yep I use 'this way' when I want Lolly to follow my general direction and only use 'come' when I want her to actually come to me. I usually reward a 'come' response. I also use 'close' when I want Lolly to walk to heel when not on lead and only use 'heel' when on lead.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love the 'stay clean' command!!!!! Excellent results he he he he.
I joined Julie and Janet on a walk last week and the dogs were racing about and Julie said 'stay clean Millie' as we turned around she was on her back mid roll in the muddiest spot she could find. Classic poo moment :)
Yup, some commands are just not as successful as others :D:eek::p Maybe I should take Kendals advice and try another language !

·
Registered
515 Posts
With my collies I used "come" if I wanted a comp style recall with sit in front. "Here" if I wanted them within touching distance and "this way" to mean stay fairly near me.

Ive been a total lazy butt with training the girls and do just use "come" with them. They are pretty soft tho so dont need much work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.