I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Treacle really cried having her 2nd vaccination today - it was awful - I really believed dogs could not feel them so I was very shocked!

Am dreading the next lot!

She was also very unhappy with the kennel cough nose drops!

Do you think she will now hate going to the vets?

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Mable did nt feel hers.But after being neutered she went in tial wagging and was ok going back the couple of times she was checked after, so hopefully she'll be fine. If your concerned Id maybe just pop into the vets if you're passing ... for some puppy stroking.. with a few treats whilst she's there, should do the trick.... good luck x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
some dogs dont bother, Gypsy and Inca are fine Echo howld on her 2nd jag and her booster the next year, but wasnt bothered last year.

iv never actualy seen the kennle cough administered.

she will be fine, if you want to just pop in with her say hi get the nurses to give her a bisket. but she will be fine, might be a little out of sorts just like us when we get a jag.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies - sounds like it runs in the family kendal!
I cannot believe how much we love her in this short time - want to protect her so much!
The vet suggested we go in for her flea and worming to give her some "nicer memories"

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
just a note the vets are very good at getting mony out of you, you cna get worming and flee treatment online cheeper, also the kennel cought vacc isnt 100% as it only covers one strain of kennel cough and their are about 7 different strains a bit like the human cold. so just because you dog has been vaccinated doesnt mean they wont get it. even if they do it normlay passes quickly, bets trick is benalyne chesty cough if they do get it.

Delta wasnt like Echo she didnt didnt squeel but she was off after her jab, very lathargic, it was so cute though as Inca had never paid her any atention but that night i had rapped Delta up in a blanket because she was shivering, Inca went over and just for a couple of minutes she lay ontop of her, it was jsut the cutest thing ever.

treacle is so cute.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Treacle is gorgeous and don't worry about the vets in future just ask them to let you give some of her favourite treats whilst any procedure is being done. Beau had to have a microchip which I know is painful as quite a big needle so told the nurse my concerns and she held treats for Beau whilst the vet did it. Any good vet will listen to your worries and treat your pet accordingly and we need to speak up for our pets as we know them better than anyone and they don't have a voice :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Our vets have free monthly visits for puppies so that they get used to and enjoy going. Lolly gets to play with the toys and the vet fusses over her. They also weigh her and give her a quick health check while she's there.

The vet lay a line of treats on the table when she microchipped and vaccinated Lolly and she didn't appear to notice the jab and only gave a small squeak with the chip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts