I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 8 year old female cockerpoo. Last October she caught a parasite and was quite ill. It took a few months to clear but she recovered (sort of). Ever since she has had a very sensitive stomach, she is on prescription dog food but still suffering. Her symptoms are she don’t eat for a day and her stomach makes really bad gurgling noises. She does not break wind though as a rule but maybe the odd one. The next day after not eating she has very runny poos but feels better in herself. She is currently taking yumove digest (for 4 weeks) they did say it cld take 4 to 6 weeks to see an improvement but she is getting worse. She has been like this for the last 3 weekends. She doesn’t have any other food apart from her dog food. She get quite depressed on the day she don’t eat. Can any give me some advice?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
What does your vet say, has she been tested for pancreatitis as sounds similar symptoms with no wanting to eat and the loud stomach. If it is then she would need a low fat diet. She could also have IBD and need a change of diet for that - what is she eating at the moment?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts