I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back home now and recovered from our visit to JukeeDoodles. A 6 and a bit hour drive. As everyone had said, and I had not believed, the puppy chooses you as much as you choose the puppy. So we have a lovely boy who looks like growing up to be a star.
We now have two weekends to get through before we can go back to pick him up. Still not fixed on a name. We had thought Flynn but not 100%.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oh my, he's an absolute stunner - what a gorgeous boy :D

It sounds like he is more than worth such a long journey to find your perfect dog, you've obviously fallen head over heels for him which is brilliant.

Look forward to hearing all about him settling into your home in just two weeks time :whoo: Best wishes, Karen.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi Rocky, I have a slightly shorter journey down on Saturday to choose our pup. We'll have to meet up when the pups are a bit older :D
Your pup is gorgeous, look forward to meeting him (and you!) with our Lottie

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Oh he's lovely, great choice! x

·
Registered
858 Posts
Oh my he looks just like the one in my photo that I fell in love with. You just HAVE to post regular photos of him on this forum, just for me!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, Glad I found this thread as was just going to ask how the first for JD's selections went. I have been a bit worried how it works, how many people are there vs. how many puppies etc. We are coming from southampton so will be a good 3 1/2 hour drive each way. We are going up for selection on Saturday 16th and there are 3 litters that day. How did it work with time slots, any info or advice based on experience would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hi, Glad I found this thread as was just going to ask how the first for JD's selections went. I have been a bit worried how it works, how many people are there vs. how many puppies etc. We are coming from southampton so will be a good 3 1/2 hour drive each way. We are going up for selection on Saturday 16th and there are 3 litters that day. How did it work with time slots, any info or advice based on experience would be appreciated :)
Hi Teresa, we're going on the 16th too, might see you there! xx

Reactions: Teresa

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Rocky, I know just how you are feeling. We had our puppy (Roscoe) from JD's in feb. That 2 week wait will soon go but you are so exited the collection date can't come quick enough. He looks a lovely pup you will have so much pleasure from him it will be well worth the wait. Deb.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Teresa

Hi. We are also in Southampton and getting a JD pup. Have you been to Julia and Stephen's yet? We have been up twice so far and it has taken us over four hours each way each time.

Gemma

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Gemma,
No not been up yet, Stephen did mention there was someone else from Southampton :) we are going up next weekend but going to go on partners motorbike for a day out weather permitting, he reckons 3ish hours on the bike.....knim a lot of me jabbing him in the ribs to slow down me thinks:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It took us 2.5 hours from Suffolk, longer on the way home as we stopped for dinner and then the baby got cross about an hour from home.. so it was a long day for us, doing it all again on the 16th, eek! Can't wait though! We've decided on Molly's litter, only played with and cuddled the black boy so far who is our favourite, so it will be nice to meet the other pups too :) xx

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We got caught in some Airshow traffic and were late. Everybody had arrived and some had already chosen. One lady had her choice in a very possessive cuddle and wouldn't let go. We teamed up with some of the more sensible families and had a fantastic time having a cuddle from lots of puppies who all seemed very friendly. We had gone with a view to having one of the blond boys. But.. I saw an apricot colored puppy and the colour was so striking, and he had a real personality...well...smitten. We had a chat with the other families and it became clear we had all chosen different puppies and so there was no difficult moments.
My suggestion is to have an idea what you would like but go with the flow. The lady who had made her choice got the puppy she wanted but she missed out on a fantastic experience and didn't get to meet some really nice people. And who's to know if she had given it more time she may have made a different choice.
Good luck everyone.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts