I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We have Rio a 10 week old Cockapoo.
Has anyone insured their Cockapoo with Vetsmedicover. It is a new insurance company that sounds too good to be true, I have read quite a few reviews online but it is so new not many people have been through the claims procedure. It was recommended by my vet but I wanted to know if anyone has used it. I have 4 weeks free with Petplan but their prices are so high.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Oh just had a look and it looks like good insurance. I am assuming that they don't pay for things like fees to help you find your dog, or for boarding etc which are things that most of us don't really need with our insurance. Would defo be tempted to switch Betty to this insurance when hers needs renewing in the next month. Will have to do a bit more research!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It looks really good - the best I've seen. I haven't been able to find any reasonable level of cover under about £25 pm for my area. I'm with E&L at the moment, which is cheaper but not lifetime, and I think I'm going to switch to this. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
We have Beau insured with Petplan for just under £18 per month and she is 14 weeks old. Our vet recommended this company as they will pay the vet direct if we have a big bill and each condition is covered for the life of the pet and not the policy so if she does ever get ill we know she has ongoing cover and not for just a year!:)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Does look good as it's a flat rate so very good for those in 'high risk' areas, and it's lifelong cover. If anyone sees a catch let me know.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
We have Beau insured with Petplan for just under £18 per month and she is 14 weeks old. Our vet recommended this company as they will pay the vet direct if we have a big bill and each condition is covered for the life of the pet and not the policy so if she does ever get ill we know she has ongoing cover and not for just a year!:)
Wow you got Petplan very cheap as it was about £25 a month when I looked.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Im sure i got a quote for Mable from them and it was epensive ... or i thought it was maybe it was someone else.. will have another look x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Looked, sorry it was Animalcare options that I looked at, I know they dont sound similar but they insured mable for a month after her micro chipping and ive also had info from vets on vetsmedicover thats why i was getting thm mixed up .. if it does nt go up with age then thats fab... which it appears that it does nt x

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Still fibbing ... I got the leaflet on VetsMediCover from NI when I got my delivery of food, just had a look and I pay £17.49 for Wilf with more than for lifetime cover but 7k per condition ... This will be going up when next renewed so I will be swapping , Ive done a quote and yes it remains £18 even with age .. thanks for advice Nat x

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Wow you got Petplan very cheap as it was about £25 a month when I looked.
I looked online and it was offering 10% discount for taking it out then so I rang and told them I had the breeder's 4 free weeks which was coming to an end and then had been offered another free 4 weeks if I continued so the man worked it out and said the 10% worked out cheaper and rather than me having to go back online he would do it for that price - it is about £17.75!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Argos do some of the best prices, discount if you have more than 1 pet and cover for life, not per illness !
Mine costs just over £17 per month.

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Argos do some of the best prices, discount if you have more than 1 pet and cover for life, not per illness !
Mine costs just over £17 per month.
Hiya, just wanted to double check if this is cover for life as I've just done an online quote and I can only see in their small print that where cover is for 12 month period ?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yes we're with Vetsmedi. My sister-in-law found them and suggested that they are good. Her husband is quite high up in the insurance business so I think she did quite a lot of research before deciding they were genuine and with the right level of cover.

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Yes I saw that, they are obviously getting more popular so have put their prices up! I went with the Argos Platinum premium in the end as it was the most competitive ongoing cover I could find for my area.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
You've already spotted it Jools, but was waiting for Wilfs cover with More than to need renewing before swapping to vetsmedicover. But have swapped even though its gone up ... Wilfs with More Than has gone up every year was going to be £19 something for less cover all the recent write ups are positive... you get one month free so dont feel so bad lol and hopefully they'll keep it at that price for a bit x

1 - 20 of 23 Posts