I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

Do do 'roll' we got her into a down position and then sort of flicked our wrist but gently pushed her onto her side at the same time - it didn't take long until we didn't have to use our hand anymore.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You can also get them to roll over using a treat. That worked better for us as Gisgo did not appreciate us trying to roll him. You put the treat in front of their nose then move it low down near to their shoulder so they bend their head back and then gradually move it over their back, keeping low down to their body. They first of all flop onto their side and then roll right over. Its hard to describe - there are some good clips on you tube and once you have seen someone do it and you know how to move the treat, it all becomes easy!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can also get them to roll over using a treat. That worked better for us as Gisgo did not appreciate us trying to roll him. You put the treat in front of their nose then move it low down near to their shoulder so they bend their head back and then gradually move it over their back, keeping low down to their body. They first of all flop onto their side and then roll right over. Its hard to describe - there are some good clips on you tube and once you have seen someone do it and you know how to move the treat, it all becomes easy!
Forgot to mention we had a treat in the hand that rotated too :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
So impressed with Saffi such a clever girl
Milo will sit ....but not stay
down....but not stay
give his paw
ring his bell to go outside
toilet on command....if he needs to go
His obedience at class is a nightmare,he just wants to play.
I would be pleased if he would just walk to heel
Well done Saffi:)

·
Registered
371 Posts
She's lovely! And changing all the time! What a clever girl she is and well done you guys! I love hearing your updates on your blog....it's brilliant. I wouldn't know where to start a blog so I'm very impressed. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.