I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have just spent a lovely day with kids and dog at Virginia Water. It was beautiful!!!! Weller had great fun lots of swimming and running, playing with other dogs, even a few cockerpoos:)
I can recommend it to any of you that are with in a reasonable distance, your dogs will LOVE it!
Just thought I would share with you all:)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
i live a few miles from there and often run round there but not taken betty there for a walk and your recommendation has just reminded me to take her. it is lovely there isn't it and glad you enjoyed it!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I love Virginia Water. It's not far from me at all. We've had some lovely walks there.
Another forum I am a member of had a big 'meet' there but it didn't go very well as these particular big poodle crosses love the water and apparently they caused mayhem amongst innocent members of the public who were in their 'Sunday best' out for a stroll around the lake. :eek: They have vowed never to go back there which is why I thought it might not be the best venue for our Surrey Cockapoo meet. We could always give it a go. It might be less busy in October. :)
Glad you had such a lovely walk. It was a beautiful day today. :)

Karen x

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love Virginia Water. It's not far from me at all. We've had some lovely walks there.
Another forum I am a member of had a big 'meet' there but it didn't go very well as these particular big poodle crosses love the water and apparently they caused mayhem amongst innocent members of the public who were in their 'Sunday best' out for a stroll around the lake. :eek: They have vowed never to go back there which is why I thought it might not be the best venue for our Surrey Cockapoo meet. We could always give it a go. It might be less busy in October. :)
Glad you had such a lovely walk. It was a beautiful day today. :)

Karen x
Ha ha Karen this is quite funny!!! It always amazes me how people get so upset if a dog/dogs approaches them and yet they go to a place that is FULL of dogs and water!! There was a dog walking van parked up when we arrived and soon bumped in to the lady and her dogs, she had about 7/8, just seemed to be dogs every where ( my ideal place):) I will say though its best to go early or like you say October onwards would be good as by the time we had walked all the way round, the picnics were out and Weller turns his hearing off when there is food around:eek:
I would be up for a 'poo meet there x

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
My son's at uni just up the road from there. I must make a point of going to to Virginia Water and making good use of it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts