I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We've had Ernie 3weeks today, and the boy's tested my patience beyond what i expected (there have been some tears)! However, i'm noticing little improvements everyday! 馃檪

I know it's early days, but Ernie is a challenge when trying to walk him. I struggle getting him to leave the house, and most of the time end up picking him up and taking him around the corner, out of site of the house (he's definitley a home bird). After that, he will walk, but he whines and crys most of the way. Has anyone else had this problem, and when did your doggo's start enjoying their walks?

TIA, Emily & and a very stubborn Ernie 馃惥

Registered
Oh that must be stressful , I haven鈥檛 any advice for you as my boy just wanted to be out everywhere , I hope somebody will help you , let me know how you get on .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Not sure if you鈥檝e tried high value treats like cooked chicken to entice him out and reward small steps. Maybe working up to spending time just standing watching the world go by and treating chicken. Our Digby鈥檚 recall word has now become chicken, or carrot. 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Oh that must be stressful , I haven鈥檛 any advice for you as my boy just wanted to be out everywhere , I hope somebody will help you , let me know how you get on .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He's getting better by the day!! Thank you 馃惥馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if you鈥檝e tried high value treats like cooked chicken to entice him out and reward small steps. Maybe working up to spending time just standing watching the world go by and treating chicken. Our Digby鈥檚 recall word has now become chicken, or carrot. 馃槀
Hello!

Yeah, he gets a treat but only when he does "nice walking"! It seems to be working. I didn't want it to be a case of having him just sit down when he wanted a treat, he knows he gets treats when he does a nice walk! 馃檪馃惥 Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts