I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our cat died last year and the house seems so lonely. As my husband and I were brought up with dogs we have decided the time is right to get one. After accosting many dog owners in the street and talking to them about their pets, we have decided a cockerpoo is our preferred breed especially as we have two children aged 8 and 3.

However, I was shocked to find how expensive they were from breeders. I'm not suggesting for a minute that people give them away but we really can't afford much above £250. We have also looked at alternative breeds such as spoodles and jackapoodles.

If anyone knows of one of any of these dogs needing a new home, please let me know. I can appreciate that they are rarely seen in rescue centres as they are just so lovely. We are in north Kent but are prepared to travel a reasonable distance if necessary.

Here's hoping! :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
If you check out Preloved they are sometimes advertised for rehoming on there...if I see anything I"ll let you know x
A friend of mine has a Jackadoode and he's lovely and also a Cockaschon another lovely dog x

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If you are willing to get an older Cockapoo, then you may have some luck. But even rescue will charge a fee. Some as much as $400 depending on the age.

When I looking at rescues in Florida, I could find "older" Cockapoo's, but not puppies. Next to impossible to find them in a rescue or pound. Plus the young to older ones, "may" come with problems that you don't know about. But then you could luck with a great dog...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I know..it is so sad :(

He looks such a lovely boy too .... Love his wee face .

I read that he was in the family home...doesn't look much like it and that he's neutered, who knows.

I hope he finds a decent forever home soon

xxx

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
I keep looking at this boy who was advertised yesterday on Preloved...

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108965134/cockapoo-dog.html

He's more expensive but it does say its negotiable.

He reminds me so much of Dudley...:)

Obviously no idea re history etc.

Good luck in your search

xxx
I would take him in a second. Why oh why am I not over there? Hardly any snow and more cockapoos. Better breeders for sure.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Poor little pup,hope he finds a home soon.I wish more people would do their homework before getting a puppy then perhaps there would be less adverts like this xxx

1 - 20 of 26 Posts