I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am disgusted and appalled at this advert( and there are quite a few floating around the net) trying to put people off buying an f1b or f2 cockapoo,its utter nonsense and im so angry because innocent people will read this and be guided towards f1s which is what i think is their intention.thanks jojo for finding these adverts and i encourage anyonne who sees them to report them,thanks xxx

http://www.dogsandpuppies.co.uk/beware_f2_cockapoos_are_the_least_stable_cross_/advert/195041

May i also add that the information is utter rubbish and people looking at f1bs,f2s etc will probably have more knowledge than the person that put this advert!!!

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
You know it's scary what people can do with the net those days. EVERYTHING we put out can be plagiarised and used in some horrible scam. I'm seriously considering pulling down all my photos and videos as I just don't want to see ads like this using images of my dog! Or I might some put some sort of stamp on new photos I upload.

How are the Clubs going to stop people using their names to sell puppy farmer puppies? That ad was showing a price of £350.

EDIT: I like to give the benefit the doubt but this is all very questionable........I understand now that the ad wasn't fake...oh dear, very sad that people can stoop so low to sell puppies.

·
Registered
739 Posts
i am pleased this has been removed - i agree that they could be detrimental for those who decide to breed F2/F1b pups. The thing i don't get (or maybe i do) is that it states that these crosses do moult despite what the advertisers say and vary more in 'looks'........

This may just be me but surely some F1 breeders advertise pups as non-moulting when we all know that they can and even within my litters the pups vary hugely in 'looks'.

I don't see why F1b/F2 breeders can be anymore misleading than F1 breeders if they want to be......

·
Registered
9 Posts
hI i also saw the advert and was shocked to see that it was not a fake as the picture certainly wasnt stolen because all the other adverts by this member were there as clear as daylight for everybody to see so this was no scam and i am surprised that nobody else can see this,its sad that somebody can stoop so low simply because they breed f1s and i have had f1b puppies and they are just as beautiful as f1s.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know it's scary what people can do with the net those days. EVERYTHING we put out can be plagiarised and used in some horrible scam. I'm seriously considering pulling down all my photos and videos as I just don't want to see ads like this using images of my dog! Or I might some put some sort of stamp on new photos I upload.

How are the Clubs going to stop people using their names to sell puppy farmer puppies? That ad was showing a price of £350.

EDIT: I like to give the benefit the doubt but this is all very questionable........
Ive been in touch with this site,its not a fake and impossible for someone to post using that members details,a fake advert would have a different user name,this advert was infact posted by the user,i dont need to say anymore.the price on the advert was simply because they say you cannot post an advert without putting a price in,its just random.Am so angry :mad:because all it takes is one person to read this utter rubbish and to believe it and of course thats exactly what it is.Ive bred f2s for a few years now and yes there is usually a cocker type pup in the litter that stands out a mile at 4-5 weeks old and as an honest caring breeder i tell this to future owners as id hate to see a moulting pup end up in a home with an asthmatic.Having said that there are a few f1s ive seen on here that moult too,you just cant tell.Here is my gorgeous f2 bow.x

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I think the wording was terrible in the advert, I understand wanting to warn people that F2's can result in throw backs is sensible HOWEVER the wording indicated that F2 mean bad breeding :mad:

I am genuinely upset about this as if we're ever to get cockapoos more recognised by the likes of the kennel club more F2,3 and even 4 pups are needed! I think the information was ill advised and frankly shortsighted :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
The same person also had an add on the same site giving 'free' cockapoo advice. There was a cute puppy picture and the price was £250, no doubt to catch peoples attention! All a tad deceiving if you ask me... The add has also gone now too!

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Ive been in touch with this site,its not a fake and impossible for someone to post using that members details,a fake advert would have a different user name,this advert was infact posted by the user,i dont need to say anymore.the price on the advert was simply because they say you cannot post an advert without putting a price in,its just random.Am so angry :mad:because all it takes is one person to read this utter rubbish and to believe it and of course thats exactly what it is.Ive bred f2s for a few years now and yes there is usually a cocker type pup in the litter that stands out a mile at 4-5 weeks old and as an honest caring breeder i tell this to future owners as id hate to see a moulting pup end up in a home with an asthmatic.Having said that there are a few f1s ive seen on here that moult too,you just cant tell.Here is my gorgeous f2 bow.x

Ah beautiful Bow, a stunning example of an F2. The writer of that ad is only out for personal gain and trying to discredit any type of competition - shame on you :mad: ....and using the CCGB name as well. Not good for the clubs reputation.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I saw these adverts last night (sorry Mandy) and in all honesty I was convinced they were fake.... stolen photos, club logos, general scams to get people to reply or just someone trying to put down a club or breeder as such ... you know what the internet can be like .. and there is so many of these adverts, well warnings really and they all came across so direct and full on ..

I have had my own photos used in other adverts etc and didn't know until it was brought to my attention by friends.. so even this morning I was convinced all this was fake advertising...

Anyway the F2/F1b one has been removed today and the information was wrong anyway ... but the other adverts/warnings remain .. so guess they are not fake ??? .. which I am very surprised about! I guess its advertising and promotion then ...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I saw these adverts last night (sorry Mandy) and in all honest I was convinced they were fake.... stolen photos, club logos, general scams to get people to reply or just someone trying to put down a club or breeder as such ... you know what the internet can be like .. and there is so many for these adverts, well warnings really and they all came across so direct and full on ..

I have had my own photos used in other adverts etc and didn't know until it was brought to my attention by friends.. so even this morning I was convinced all this was fake advertising...

Anyway the F2/F1b one has been removed today and the information was wrong anyway ... but the other adverts/warnings remain .. so guess they are not fake ??? .. which I am very surprised about! I guess its advertising and promotion then ...
No unfortunately not fake jojo,several members have seen genuine adverts by same person,same user name,same phone number and i found out its impossible to post using that name if youre not that person so definately not fake x

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.