I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we are not quite at the 1970's poo stage but being on Ni has certainly changed the smell and firmness. So much better and easier to pick up:D Sorry for the info, but did try to warn in the title haha:D

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Phoebe has been totally on N.I. for 2 days, pooing less and they are looking a bit 70's! Izzy has been totally N.I. 1 day (had 1 day 1/2 and 1/2) Hers are much lighter in colour and much softer, not easy to pick up at all! We'll see what happens today :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Pixie has been on NI for 4 days now,she loves it,licks bowl clean and sits there for more! On the poo front,they are hard,light coloured bullets,that DO NOT smell atall,yesterday they smelt a bit,today no odour! She did a sneaky one in the lounge this morning but all fine,no gagging no stain:)
NI just seems so amazing! although a bit tricky with measuring out,defrosting/re freezing etc etc,how long can it stay in fridge for...3 days?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have some little kitchen scales, weigh out his daily amount and then put in freezer bags. I keeep 4 days in the fridge and put the other partially defrosted meat back into the freezer. So pleased I swopped to NI

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi can I ask what they were eating before NI? and apologies for the question but hopefully an appropriate place to ask :eek:, do you have any experience with orijen and poos, what are they are like.

We selected our JD pup yesterday and having already done some investigations it all becomes more real now so really have to make the food decision.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi Nicolette, Baby Izzy was on Orijen (she's a JD pup, as is Pixie), her poo was quite hard and dark, it's lighter and softer so far, but today was her first jsut N.I. day, she had 2 days of mixed N.I. and orijen. I have an older cocker spaniel, after 2 days of straight N.I. her poo is nearing 1970 style!
Which pup did you choose? Details please - mum, colour of pup, boy/girl, name if you have one and PHOTOS. There are lots of new mums and dads on here, and some very wise and experienced ones too :)
:welcome: :ilmc:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I do love a good poo thread.. but I am with Karen .. no pics ha ha ha...

Nicolette - My dogs are on Orijen.... great pooing, not as smelly as some other dried foods :) ... they do enjoy a good diet with chicken wings, pigs ears, home made treats but their main food is Orijen.. I love the fact Origen is still dried food but I feel they are getting the best ... I may switch to NI one day but at the moment this is great xxxx Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I might be wrong Nicolette cos when mine had Orijen they had a chicken wing for tea, so they were eating bone, which is what makes the poo like your old fashioned 70's poo, dry and crumbly !! NI has got bone ground into it . Im sure "Orijen poo " will be better than some though ..... what :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Thanks Ali, love how Phoebes poo smells of Daisies :D now you can see from that pic that Phoebe is enjoying her dinner... lucky girl.
P.s I hope this does nt start a competition for prettiest poo, don't think that we a re a competitive bunch ;):D

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Lovely poo picture, the daisy is a good finishing touch. If you didn't know any better, you;'d think it was a couplr of stones.

Millie's poo looks slightly different, longer! And turns to 1970's poo in a couple of hours. Its about a 1/3 of the size it used to be and so much easier to pick up.

She was originally or Royal Canine and the Science Plan and then Arden Grange, all kibble, she didn't get on with any of them after a week of being ok with them. Thats when we decided enough was enough and plunged for NI.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Great pic, i was so excited this morning to see our dogs hard white poo's that i had to save it to show hubby and the kids ;) They think i have gone crackers!!!!!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts