I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
oh JoJo's panick is over .. Oakley is starting to walk a bit better now, Honey tried to hump him when he was in a vunerable start (in pain from his wasp sting- tut tut Honey) but all is getting back to normal in JoJo's kichen :)

Dogs playing nicely .. JoJo on her favourite dog forum and Hubby putting the kettle on :)

Thank you Kendal .. great to know I have advice on this forum .. you settled my panick .. much appreciated .. I owe you one xxxx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
glad its all worked outhe might have a wee limp for a day or two but he will be fine

·
Registered
201 Posts
Inca when about a year old ran through a wasps nest and came out screaming covered head to toe in them, it was one of the guys we were walking with who just scooped her up and took a short cut through the bushes and slid down a hill and dunked her in the river, my mum then took her and went right in with her. by this point she was completely limp and mum had to hold her head above the water.

we then got her out and took her the the emergency vet, they didn't take her in as soon as they got there, but they said as she was still alive after so many stings she would be fine but they would take her as soon as they could, to give her pain killer etc. she wouldn't move when we got her home she just lay and slept, she slept in my room that night as i didn't want her far from me.

she was in shock but luckily she was not allergic, i found scabs on her for months when grooming her.

it was one of the worst day ever i was so scared, she was so lip and so heavy carrying her to the car, one of to Ladies we were walking with gave us her jumper to try and keep her warm after her cold dip. i don't think iv ever felt so sick.

i have always hated wasps but i hate them even more now.

glad he is ok,
I am almost crying here. I would be so scared and panicing. So glad all was okay in the end.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Jools,
I am dreading any stings for Cider. You defenetly getting some experience in ( tick and swap ) I hope Dexter is okay now xxx big hug from brother Cider for Dexter xxx

·
Registered
390 Posts
Wee Maggie got stung today. She just sat down on her walk and started whining and biting her hip, and I had to pull the wasp off her. Now she is still all sooky and whimpers when you touch where the sting was. Cant see anything there when I look tho. She is proper sorry for herself, wee soul! Emma x

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Dexter found a wasp nest in my garden yesterday under a very thick lilac tree. He yelped and ran back into the house and I quickly shut the door. It was just in time as dozens of wasps came out - it really scared me as I'm sure they would have all attacked him. I'm tempted to get the Pest Control in as it's right by my frontdoor.:(

·
Registered
67 Posts
ah jools upset me when I read about little dexter getting stung. must have been really scary. Hope he is better.
How are thing s coming on !!! is he keeping you busy. Missie is really funny now as she has got older her own personality is coming through. There is nothing missie about her !!! she is a little tomboy nothing phases her and she still terrorizes the cats.
looking foward to see some pics of dexter.

jane x:D

21 - 29 of 29 Posts