I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Izzy must have been needing a wee this morning, she had a bit of a dribble before I could get the back door open, which I ignored, and then did a wee outside, which I praised. I made my tea, then we went for a run around in the garden and she did a poo. This was only about 40 mins ago, I'm not sure if she wee'd any more before we came in, but she has just jumped up on the sofa and done a wee on her blanket there. I just picked her up and took her outside, should I tell her off if she does it a gain, or just ignore it as I do with accidents on the floor? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think you did exactly right Ali. She is still so young and from what I have read they are four months before they have the ability to control their toileting - though a few months more before they are reliable. I think if she is told off at this stage it might lead to her weeing secretly in more and more difficult to find places because she will not want you to be cross.

Isn't it disappointing when they've just been out for a wee too? She'll get there bless her.

Bring out the Simple Solution. Works wonders!

Karen xx

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I think i would ignore ,it would of just been an accident anyway ,at least it was on the blanket ,did it go through to the sofa??

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that Karen, she is doing brilliantly well, over the past few days she has been going over to the sitting room door and sniffing, which I've taken as a sign to let her out, I may have missed it!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Donna - no, I saw her doing it so it was just lying on the surface, it wasn't much anyway :)
She's doing very well - we've only had about half a dozen accidents so far

1 - 5 of 5 Posts