I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am toilet training Rigby by taking him in the garden regularly thoughout the day. His poo' s are fine and easy to track when he needs to go- but the wee s are not- he goes alot!!

Just wondered at what sort of age they hold their wee' s so that they don't need to go out so often??

xx

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hiya, from memory I think it was about 11 weeks for Obi when he could last for longer periods of time during the day and go through the night. Up until that point it was just a case of being really vigilant. Just like children, Every dog will be different. Don't worry you'll soon pass through this phase and forget all about it. ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine were crated as pups overnight, in a crate just big enough for their bed, so they held it overnight straight away. It was so sweet in the morning, when they were little they would wake up and cry - usually around 7am - I would carry them downstairs, open the patio door and they would wee as soon as their paws touched the floor.

But overall housetraining was a different matter. Freddie was clean at about 4 1/2 moaths, Jasper at 4 months, but we couldn't trust Darcey until she was nearly 7 months!!! I don't know if it's because she's a girl, because she was tiny, or perhaps we just weren't strict enough with her???

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
11 weeks was a turning point for me too - as well as removing all the rugs - worked a treat! I took him out every 30 mins - 1 hour. He has been 99% ok since that time but even now at almost 16 weeks, I often ask him if he wants to go outside, although he usually takes himself to the door now. Every time I took him outside from the beginning I made sure I said 'outside', as well as 'get busy' when we got outside. Now it is easy to say 'do you want to go outside?' and he knows what I mean.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've got loverly brown patterns in my lawn.:eek:

Every puppy is different, you just have to be vigilant and take them outside regularly. but accidents are inevitable.
Poppy could have wee'd for England, but Rosie had amazing bladder control. In a years time all the trips outside in the rain and snow will be a blur.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.