I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and I'm trying to be brave!
I dropped him last night- off on a weeks hols today. The house was so quiet last night- noone running off with my knickers when I was trying to pack, noone sticking his nose into everything I'm doing, noone resting his chin on my lap and looking up at me...how I'm going to miss him! He went off so happily with the kennel maid but I can't stop wondering if he thinks he's been abandoned and is he missing me!:cry2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't worry I'm sure he will enjoy his holiday too. We left ruby with my in laws for a week and she was fine. We missed her loads and I know what you mean about the house being quiet, it's strange how quickly they become such a big part of the family. Have a great holiday x

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Ah poor you! but I promise you its like dropping kids at nursery, you feel so rubbish for leaving them and stress the whole time worrying about them, they on the otherhand are having the time of their lives :D Being such a cute puppy he will be getting lots of extra cuddles and attention. Enjoy your holiday!, Dexter won't forget you at all. x

·
Registered
573 Posts

I left Treacle 3 days ago with a place that offers home boarding - got this picture from the owner of her playing with her new boyfriend - Stanley the Cocker Spaniel!
Like you I was really upset about leaving her but actually now I am more worried that she has had so much fun she will not want to come home!
I am sure you will be fine and Dexter will be loving lots of new attention xxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
don't worry. i had to go on vacation last month, and we had to leave Lily at this dog hotel. We were gone for 4 days, and i really missed my Lily. When i came back, I found out Lily had fun playing with the other dogs and she made some friends. My dog usually plays with my and siblings and me, since she is our only dog, i was glad that lily got a chance to make some friends. :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Tess .. Dexter will be fine xxxx you need to go away and enjoy :) he will be ready to jump all over you when you come home ... in true cockapoo style xxx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Ah Tess, I really feel for you.... but Dexter will have a great time and they'll love having him. Enjoy your holiday, all will be back to normal when you return :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts