I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

We're new!

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  jbear 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
Just saying hello and thanks to all the useful tips we have read on here.
We have just put down a deposit on our beautiful apricot boy, Bear. He is 2.5 weeks old and we cant wait to bring him home.
We are getting prepared for his arrival but would welcome any tips anyone has on essentials to get/do/remember!
Thanks x

#9 ·
Hello and welcome. As the new mummy of a 9 week old (only just collected her) I can confirm that get sleep in now as it is hard to come by once you have Bear home. On the plus side the funny things they do make up for the lack of sleep :)

#11 ·
welcome Bear & Family ...

Countdown until Bear comes home .. how exciting (love the name Bear ..perfect name)

I am in Berkshire,another local family in Berkshire becoming cockapoo mad :)

Where did you get Bear from? Try to get some pics from the breeder and post loads .. we love pics on here

Enjoy the forum.

#12 ·
I guess I can say "Welcome" too even though I've only made 25 posts well 26 now. The Forum is truely useful always someone with just the information and experience you need. My Little Flo will be home with us in two weeks and I'm sure I will have so many questions for everyone!!
Yes photos of Bear a very good idea. We were able to visit Flo two weeks ago when she was 5 weeks old. What a difference!! Hope you get to see Bear when she's a bit bigger!!!
Wendy and Little Flo x

#15 ·
Hey all,

Thanks so much for your replies and tips.

We are really excited to bring Bear home, seems like ages away though as we met him at 2 weeks old!

We will definately get some pics up this weekend!

So sleep is what we need then haha oh dear, Im not great at mornings but guess I will adjust very quickly!

Few more questions as we're getting prepared for homecoming...what garden plants would be dangerous to Bear? We have quite a blooming garden and Im worried that he may eat something he shouldnt.
Does anyone recommend a healthy training treat?

We have his cage all ready with lovely mattress, blanket and toys!

Thanks again all xx

#25 ·
Does anyone recommend a healthy training treat?

Thanks again all xx
He is really gorgeous. For a healthy training treat you could use small pieces of chicken or cheese, or dried liver or liver cake. Recipe below:
450g liver
450g self-raising flour
3 eggs
2 cloves of garlic
a little water or milk

Whisk eggs with an equal volume of water or milk, add liver and garlic and blend in food processor and then add flour and blend. If it's too dry add a little more water. Spread out on baking tray and bake at 180 for about 35 mins.

#16 ·
Oh sorry, forgot to say...not getting Bear from far away, literally 15 mins down the road. It was like fate the day we saw the ad. Have been searching for months online for local(ish) breeders and seem to only find them hour + away. Where he is is so ideal, wont be too far to travel home and we like the fact its all local to us. We're in Newbury, Berks x

#27 ·
Really can't wait to bring Bear home...getting him at 12 weeks, which is 22nd aug. We are on holiday the week before so thought it unfair to bring him home for couple of weeks then have to send him to stay with family for a week. Really bad timing as we want him home but it's one of those things. We're hoping that as he will be the last pup and on his own for a week or so, he may not whine so much when he does come home, can only hope I guess! Haha!

Thanks soooo much for liver cake recipe, really kind! We have a further 2 weeks off when we bring Bear home so I will get baking!

X

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.