I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to upload some pictures of Monty please bare with me!!!

Is he black? is he black with a fading grey gene? Is he going to turn silver?

Or as I suspect remain black with a silver hue as he is now?

He is 4 and started getting silver/grey bits around 18 months. Some days he looks blacker and others greyer!!!

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4 taken a couple of days ago:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
What does he look like close up? Does he have a combination of all black and all silver hairs or are they different colours along the hair shaft? Not that I can give you an answer but I just wondered! :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just taken 3 more pictures and will upload bare with me can't do them all at once!!

He gets more grey/silver as his coat grows and he has a silver willy and bum :D

It looks like separate hair colour??

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I am sitting in the sun ... so therefore cant see pic clearly ... I will have a good look later .. it will be interesting to see what others think ... xxx

This weather is lovely .. sun warming my face and the leaves are falling from our trees :S crazy weather but nice xxx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sitting in the sun ... so therefore cant see pic clearly ... I will have a good look later .. it will be interesting to see what others think ... xxx

This weather is lovely .. sun warming my face and the leaves are falling from our trees :S crazy weather but nice xxx
Forget about sitting in the sun- get your backside on here properly and give me JoJo's opinion :p xx

·
Registered
181 Posts
Coco has gone grey/silver not sure what you would call it. He is chocolate and only 9 months old. His head is still chocolate. It only happened when he had a hair cut but he is getting more grey, he'll look really old soon.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Maybe one of his parents has the silvering gene ... I think it's attractive. Bess's dad poodle is chocolate with the silvering gene so maybe the same will happen to her coat when she's a bit older ... I'd be happy if it does :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
MMmm i dont know either but wispa has gone the same way from lovely dark choc to light brown and slivery! lol :confused: we love her what ever she looks like! sorry no help really ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Right could Monty possibly be a blue?

have a look at these pictures of blue poodles and the ones of two together show the difference between blue and black.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Oh Wispa sounds silver beige .. I would love to see pics :) I need Silver Beige for the CCCC (cockapoo coat colour catalogue) to keep the lovely Pebbles company :) if Wispa would like to take part of course :)

I love Monty's colouring .. it is only clear now in these pics that he has a dark grey tone with lighter silver in areas.. I would say it is has something to do with a fading gene somewhere in his background, as he is 4 years old he may not fade anymore, but he was solid black as a puppy ...

I will wait to see what others think Shirley but I think we should move Mr Monty to the silver section, what do you think? .. I will need your support yet again and would ask you to email the first 3 pic here.. so we can update the catalogue ...

I love his coat is it a dark grey :) gorgeous :) it has faded which in my mind is a fading gene, I saw a goldendoodle with the very same colouring a dark silver stunning coat ... I want Monty xxx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Caption contest!

If he could only tell us what is going through his mind when you took that photo.......

Would it have been....

a) I have heard of Puss in Boots but this is ridiculous!

b) I will just die if she puts this photo on her bloomin forums!

c) I asked for pink ones!

Answers below please...;) :D

x

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If he could only tell us what is going through his mind when you took that photo.......

Would it have been....

a) I have heard of Puss in Boots but this is ridiculous!

b) I will just die if she puts this photo on her bloomin forums!

c) I asked for pink ones!

Answers below please...;) :D

x
He has got one bootee on now as he is scratching his bad ear.

I tell you he loves it!! hubby took it off to take him walkies and he had a sad face.

As I have said before if he was a person he would be Alan Carr.:D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh Wispa sounds silver beige .. I would love to see pics :) I need Silver Beige for the CCCC (cockapoo coat colour catalogue) to keep the lovely Pebbles company :) if Wispa would like to take part of course :)

I love Monty's colouring .. it is only clear now in these pics that he has a dark grey tone with lighter silver in areas.. I would say it is has something to do with a fading gene somewhere in his background, as he is 4 years old he may not fade anymore, but he was solid black as a puppy ...

I will wait to see what others think Shirley but I think we should move Mr Monty to the silver section, what do you think? .. I will need your support yet again and would ask you to email the first 3 pic here.. so we can update the catalogue ...

I love his coat is it a dark grey :) gorgeous :) it has faded which in my mind is a fading gene, I saw a goldendoodle with the very same colouring a dark silver stunning coat ... I want Monty xxx

You could just have him in his own section as a

Black/blue with silver grey highlights :D:D covers it all then :p

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I like your thinking ...

Which one is Monty...

Blue which is a dilute of black with fading gene
... or
Silver which is a dilute of black with fading gene

He is not black .. although was solid black as a puppy ... ummm ..

He looks Dark Silver/ Grey to me .. :) but hey what do I know lol ...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts