I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Frank does not love his food so I wanted to see what everyone else likes? I feed him Wellness, which is healthy and he eats it pretty well. He just isn't crazy about it and I want him to enjoy it a little more :)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
i feed Raw meat and bones. Gypsy was always fussy, the other two will eat any thing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We had a problem feeding the healthy food to our dog at first. We inticed her to eat it by adding a spoonful of wet canned food to her dry food. But once you do that, they will expect it all the time! ;)
You might have to experiment with different flavours, we discovered our dog does not like sweet potatoe and duck, ( Natural Balance) But she likes the chicken and turkey from Wellness Core (we are grain free)
I find that Jersey is a grazer, so she just likes a few nibbles throughout the day. I thought it was the food for awhile as I am use to dogs that eat a big breakfast and dinner! lol

·
Registered
818 Posts
Dog Food Analysis is a fabulous site for looking for new foods. It shows you all the facts about the food, has great reviews for each, and rates them all.

The food I feed is tasteofthewild:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=1287&cat=8

Other six star foods:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showcat.php/cat/8

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/ Is good too. It brings up the hard truth about dog foods and what they can contain and who you can trust. It also has many blogs about dogs in general, it's a fun read.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When our dog was a puppy, she was a finicky eater, so we bought (and she loved) Royal Canin "Mini Special 30," and really took to it. It's for fussy eaters or dogs with sensitive stomachs which she was at that time (not now!). Be careful, though, because it is a little higher in calories and we weaned Zoe from it to Royal Canin "Mini Adult 27" which is lower in calories, once she grew up.

I also give our dog a couple of very small pieces of chicken breast without skin and a very small piece of vegetable or fruit every morning. She loves many vegetables and fruits so we parse out small pieces to her when we eat them--without sauce--and usually steamed or microwaved. If we are having steak we will cut her a tiny, tiny piece, removing the fat, and give that to her with a small piece of broccoli or some peas.

·
Registered
334 Posts
boycie

Many thanks for all your reply s . Still looking and analysing food labels at the mo he is on jams at mo . Will decide when we get him Nov
Marzy

·
Registered
44 Posts
I feed Bailey Blue Buffalo Puppy Chicken (dry) just add a few drops of water to it - it really brings out the aroma of the food. There are no meat by products, corn or wheat in this food - all natural ingredients. You might want to look into this brand for your puppy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Arden Grange Puppy/Junior

Hi we use Arden Grange Puppy/Junior. This was recommended by the dreeder from whom we bought Stanley. He seems to love it. You dont need to give him much though 60g 3x a say at the minute as he is 5 months old. We found recently that his stools were loose so we stopped giving him bakers treats ans stuck with Arden Grange only (even as one off treats) this has made his stools more solid and easier to collect too

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi all
I started buddy on pedigree chum puppy bad mistake he was pooping all the time. Now i have switched him to hills science plan puppy what a change he is a much happier puppy and so am i.:)

·
Registered
242 Posts
hi i used beta puppy dry food with a litlle wet dog food mixed in, now wispa is 1 she has the adult beta and a little wet meat. but its all trial and error but dont let your pup get to fussy, if he wont eat it after 30 mins move it and give it him later that day. he'll eat it if he is hungary enough!! little monkeys they are :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
We have had Alfie for a week now and he has Burns Mini Bites, I soften them with boiled water he seems to love them, it was what the breeder was feeding him. He also gets fed 4 times a day, but seems to be wanting to cut out the 3rd feed so I think I may take him down to 3 times a day. :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I recently checked out the Evo website and I am switching my food. Semms much healthier for Axle. Also, I used to feed Axle 3 times a day but now I only feed him twice and sometimes he does not even eat. Does yours do that as well?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I recently checked out the Evo website and I am switching my food. Semms much healthier for Axle. Also, I used to feed Axle 3 times a day but now I only feed him twice and sometimes he does not even eat. Does yours do that as well?
I feed Sawyer twice a day. He usually eats it all, but every once in a while he doesn't finish. Also, he often doesn't eat it right away; he just eats the food later when he's hungry.

You can get a coupon here:
http://www.naturapet.com/
It's either $7 off or a free small bag of food (don't remember the weight) depending on your area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We feed Poppy on raw meat which is frozen in bags, scrambled/boiled eggs, cottage cheese, natural yoghurt, cooked vegetables, cooked meat (from our meals) and occasionally Natures diet dog food (when we've forgotten to de-frost the meat)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts