I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Dave, I'm finding on some pages that I have to scroll right and left to read people's posts. The bizarre thing is that it isn't always the case. Just looking at this thread for instance, Pages 2 and 3 are fine but pages 1 and 4 I have to scroll side to side. Is this an issue with the site or my computer? I don't ever have this problem with other forums. Hope I've explained it ok. I'm not much of a techy. :)

Karen x

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Dave, I'm finding on some pages that I have to scroll right and left to read people's posts. The bizarre thing is that it isn't always the case. Just looking at this thread for instance, Pages 2 and 3 are fine but pages 1 and 4 I have to scroll side to side. Is this an issue with the site or my computer? I don't ever have this problem with other forums. Hope I've explained it ok. I'm not much of a techy. :)

Karen x
I think you can easily fix this. Scroll right to the bottom of the page and on the left hand side is a small drop down menu. You need to have yours set to Default Style (fluid). Hope this helps

·
Registered
369 Posts
Recommendations topic?

Hi Dave

Would it be possible to have a new topic called recommendations, and in this have sub-topics for e.g. Food, training, grooming products, kennels, toys etc where we can put any useful links to products or/and services that we would like to recommend?

I am finding that as I discover what new things I would like to get for my dog, I can remember people recommending them on the site, but can't always find the link as things get recommended in different places and if you can't remember the name of it, the search tools can come up with all sorts of discussions which aren't relevant.

Does anyone else think this would be useful?

Thanks

Sarah

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Hi Dave
Not sure if this is possible. But the User Menu on the left hand side, can it roll down the page and you read further down a thread. Its just when you get to the bottom, you have to scroll all the way back up to go back to New Posts, if thats the one you're following.

Also, this may have been asked before, but the person who starts the thread, can their details somehow show up which you want to post a Quick Reply. Sometimes its to remember some of the details when replying.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hi Dave

Also, this may have been asked before, but the person who starts the thread, can their details somehow show up which you want to post a Quick Reply. Sometimes its to remember some of the details when replying.

Many thanks
Or, I think I've asked before, if the original thread start can appear at the top of every subsequent page so you don't have to go back to the first page to remember some info you want to include in your reply :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
And Dave... I hope you;re not ignoring me.:D

Is there any way we can tag photo's, the same as Facebook. So that when we have get togethers we can tag photos and recognise each other.

That's two suggestions in the space of a few days. I must be on a roll :D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Dave .. I can't add all my dogs names in the favourite dog name option in my User CP.. am I being a doughnut and doing something wrong ..... I may have changed a setting or something really silly .... I am not techy but I am fab with cockapoos

I only want to add 'Oakley, Honey & Picnic'.....

Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hi Dave
Not sure if this is possible. But the User Menu on the left hand side, can it roll down the page and you read further down a thread. Its just when you get to the bottom, you have to scroll all the way back up to go back to New Posts, if thats the one you're following.

Many thanks
The user menu idea, while it's a good one, isn't possible. :( I do like that idea though.

As for the second one, if you're posting in full reply mode (not quick), the post listing shows beneath the post reply box. As for quick reply, I'll see if it's possible to add the thread details (title, thread starter, etc.) to the quick reply box. That's another good idea, that should be doable. I've been very busy lately though, which is also why I'm just now responding to this thread. Once things slow down for me, I'll look into this.

Or, I think I've asked before, if the original thread start can appear at the top of every subsequent page so you don't have to go back to the first page to remember some info you want to include in your reply :)
I'm pretty sure this is possible too. Will look into it soon.

And Dave... I hope you;re not ignoring me.:D

Is there any way we can tag photo's, the same as Facebook. So that when we have get togethers we can tag photos and recognise each other.

That's two suggestions in the space of a few days. I must be on a roll :D
Tagging is not possible as far as I'm aware. I will see if it's an add-on feature though. (My guess is no though.)

Dave .. I can't add all my dogs names in the favourite dog name option in my User CP.. am I being a doughnut and doing something wrong ..... I may have changed a setting or something really silly .... I am not techy but I am fab with cockapoos

I only want to add 'Oakley, Honey & Picnic'.....

Any help would be appreciated :)
Not sure why not. Either it's the "&" that's causing the problem, or you have too many characters. I believe the limit is 15 characters, since the field is really only meant to be one name.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hi Dave

Many thanks
Not sure if this is what you wanted, but check out the updated Quick Reply box. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Dave, This could be my forum numptiness but is there a way of seeing which posts you have replied to or started? I'd like to check them first before new posts.
Thank you

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Hi Dave, This could be my forum numptiness but is there a way of seeing which posts you have replied to or started? I'd like to check them first before new posts.
Thank you
go to the quick links drop down menue, its in the same bar as new posts. near the bottom you will see subsribed threds, this is posts you has replyed to or started.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
If you're already using Quick Reply, just scroll down a little more and look at the very bottom right corner of the page. Click "Top" to go to the top of the page. ;)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I know it's been mentioned on the thread before, but I really like the idea of a 'like' button, I know you said that the 'thanks' button can be used as this but personally I never use it because everytime i'm about to I feel like it sounds stupid to say 'thanks' to something you 'like'.
I know another forum that has this & it's really good as people can agree with what others have said easily (y)

41 - 60 of 90 Posts