I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Millie has this very soft latex squeak balls, that she loves. She walks around whimpering whilst holding one in her mouth.

When she's feeling playful, she'll sit at the top of the stairs and nudge it over the edge so it comes bouncing down. She'll then chase after it. She waits for me to throw it back to the top of the stairs and we start the whole thing off again.

By the way, my throwing is rubbish, I spend half the time rebounding it back down the stairs. I'm sure Millie thinks I'm having a game by myself - with HER toy :eek::D

What games do you play?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Izzie used to always play tug of war with me, although not so much now, she just enjoys all her chews too much.

But my boyfriend has a little game with Poppy that's really cute. He goes down to lay on the floor (and Poppy knows immediately), he covers his face and makes noises and Poppy's game to to try to get to his face to stop the noise by a bit of nibbling :) Generally she nibbles his ears as she cna't get to his face lol. It makes me laugh :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Nacho loves his 'sheep' and 'giraffe' which are now just some ragged material and definitely do not resemble either animal! :) I hide them and he loves to find them! Also tug of war is a favourite, find the socks and bras, and basketball chasing. He loves nudging a basketball around the garden with his head - so cute!! xx

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Hide the treat / toy is a favourite and tug tug of war...
I have a open treadstaircase .. I will stand underneath and Betty will be on top...I will keep moving a toy up and down the stairs....she never know which stair it will appear on.. it's quite funny to watch ( although not sure I have explained it very well)...she also loves to chase empty plastic bottles around.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hide the treat / toy is a favourite and tug tug of war...
I have a open treadstaircase .. I will stand underneath and Betty will be on top...I will keep moving a toy up and down the stairs....she never know which stair it will appear on.. it's quite funny to watch ( although not sure I have explained it very well)...she also loves to chase empty plastic bottles around.
Explained well :)
I can't play that game, out staircase is closed at the back. :(

·
Registered
473 Posts
Izzie used to always play tug of war with me, although not so much now, she just enjoys all her chews too much.

But my boyfriend has a little game with Poppy that's really cute. He goes down to lay on the floor (and Poppy knows immediately), he covers his face and makes noises and Poppy's game to to try to get to his face to stop the noise by a bit of nibbling :) Generally she nibbles his ears as she cna't get to his face lol. It makes me laugh :)
How funny as I do this with Bertie but I blow raspberrys with my face covered under my arms and he trys to nudge his face under my arms to get to the noise using his front paws and licking me to get to my face - lol

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
We play hide and seek, I hold weller in the living room and Molly hides a toy somewhere in the house. He is not allowed to seek it until she comes back and stands next to us. It's great getting that spaniel nose working and he loves it!! :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ever heard of Goughnuts Battles?

My two Cockapoos play tug of war with the small Goughnuts toy. Alvin (white Cockapoo) plays "keep the goughnuts away from the owners." He growls with the toy in his mouth - we're supposed to run after him. Take a look at these videos:
http://youtu.be/0hRudkCXBKg?hd=1
http://youtu.be/q4Tn7O4cXEg?hd=1

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We play hide and seek, I hold weller in the living room and Molly hides a toy somewhere in the house. He is not allowed to seek it until she comes back and stands next to us. It's great getting that spaniel nose working and he loves it!! :D
I love the idea of this game, however, if I did this with Millie, she'd give up before the game got started. Do you have any suggestions as to how to build it up gradually.

:D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Yes just hide it somewhere close to her and easy to find, oh and pop a tasy little something on top of the chosen toy. Then go to just outside the room and a little harder in places to hide.
I used to rub the toy with a frankfurter ( i know that sounds weird) then let him have a good smell of it, then go and hide it. Start easy peasy and in a couple of goes step up the challenge. It doesn't take long for them to catch on. We can use the whole house and garden, he charges upstairs, downstairs and back again, all around, nose to ground. It really wears him out!!:D
Oh and HUGE fuss and more treats when they bring the toy back to you.
Have fun :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I love the idea of this game, however, if I did this with Millie, she'd give up before the game got started. Do you have any suggestions as to how to build it up gradually.

They sell a toy in Partners that you can put treats into (it looks a bit like a pencil case). That might help to start as the smell will help the finding.

We do this with Lolly but I hide the treats. Not tried it with a toy. We also get Lolly to 'go to Daddy'. She has to find my hubbie and touch him with her nose then come back to me to get her treat.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

They sell a toy in Partners that you can put treats into (it looks a bit like a pencil case). That might help to start as the smell will help the finding. Link here

We do this with Lolly but I hide the treats. Not tried it with a toy. We also get Lolly to 'go to Daddy'. She has to find my hubbie and touch him with her nose then come back to me to get her treat.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Thats so funny -(Pepster's film) half the time the dog looks like "oh go on then, if you really want to play I'll humour you"! really cute though. gorgeous dog.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.