I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Wow thats expensive, we pay £20 for each dog and that includes everything, nails trimmed, anal glands, wash, cut and blow dry. We take ours about every 6-8 weeks as we got caught out on the matting of the fur and don't want to get to that stage again, so this amount of weeks works out fine for us. Each of our dogs spends about 2-3 hours at the Groomers and they absolutely love it there, receiving all the attention :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hi - we paid £28 for Billy's first groom, it took 2.5 hours. They did tell us if it takes as long next time it may go up to £35. It was done about 5 weeks ago and I'm hoping it will last another couple of weeks.
H x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I think approx £30-40 is a fair price ... as we all know washing, drying, brushing out, cutting coats, claw trimming and anal glands ... takes so much time :)

I do my dogs myself .. but would happily use a good groomer now and again :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Polly's on Thursday was as complete going over and lasted two and a half hours and cost £28, which seems average for around here. Was a good job! And she really enjoyed it, it appears. When the chap brought her out to me she greeted me happily and then turned round to go back in for more!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow thats expensive, we pay £20 for each dog and that includes everything, nails trimmed, anal glands, wash, cut and blow dry. We take ours about every 6-8 weeks as we got caught out on the matting of the fur and don't want to get to that stage again, so this amount of weeks works out fine for us. Each of our dogs spends about 2-3 hours at the Groomers and they absolutely love it there, receiving all the attention :)
Thats what we pay but when she is one it wil go up tp £28...and it includes all the above. They do such a fantastic job were always always pleased!!
x

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I am still doing Beau myself and am managing to keep on top of matts etc but should I need the groomer we have used for years on our Cavvie she would charge £25 and does a really good job plus listens to what her clients actually want :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Dexter had his first proper groom yesterday. The charge was 40 pounds. It took just over 2 hours. Just wondered what others pay in their area and how often they take them?
This doesn't sounds too over the mark for our area Tess. My groomer has just increased her charge from £34 to £36 ..... although I try to do it myself mostly as it would get very expensive to take 2 dogs regularly. Also, Maisie often comes back looking like a poodle and I prefer the teddy bear look.

I do go to the groomer for tummy clipping though as I find this difficult to do!

Sue x

PS. The groomer spends about 2 hrs on Maisie, Bess has only been once for a bath and light trim which took about an hour and a half.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
£20 regardless of how long it takes :) Izzie can be up for up to 3 hours as well, she's only been groomed a few times, we try to brush her to keep matts at bay, but sometimes they just get out of control and she needs grooming properly.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Adam, Kendal and Nicole are all groomers and members on here .. so anyone living near them are very lucky for sure :) ... cockapoo chat whilst having your cockapoo groomed :)
Alternatively - give it a go yourself !.....Julia has a couple of vidoes of full grooms on Buzz previously and now Yum-Yum - they are on our website - I think on the CCGB but they can be found on You-Tube too x

Stephen xx

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks Jo
It's a fun game that pricing model!
Basically you should be paying based on area, skill and qualifications .
Then it's whether you like the cut that's done for you.
Everyone should try brushing and combing themselves, you understand your dog better, likes and dislikes.
Clipping and cutting, that's everyone is different but remember its only hair, it grows back!
Note to all, every dog and every coat and everyones requests are different.
So keep that in mind whether you go for it or get your 'poo into the groomers.
Referral from a doggy friend is always better than searching the Internet!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I get Monty groomed every 12 weeks as he's not got a curly coat, just shaggy. They charge about £37.00 and takes about 2 hours.

He comes out looking beautiful and smelling fabulous! He hates it though so I'm glad it's only every 12 weeks!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi

I have a cockapoo who is 5 months old and just a thinking of taking him to be cut. We live in Nottingham too - where do you go for grooming?

Thanks

Vicky
Hi Vicky, we took Eddie to Nigel Smith [the dogsmith, Lutterell way in West Bridgford] he was highly recommended by a lot of dog owners.We had him cut at around 7 months so his coat was very shaggy he was there a good 3 hours and the cost was £35, so more than a lot of others are paying by the sounds of things, but he seemed very good with Eddie and we were pleased with the cut apart from his head which was a bit poodle powder puff, but to be fair i didnt know what to ask for,so left it up to Nigel and I did like his coat which was cut short and looked like crushed velvet.He also did anal glands, checked his nails and ears.He is going next week so will have more of an idea what i want this time, sorry I cant put photos on as I havnt got round to replacing my digital camera yet.Also amazed by how fast cockapoo fur grows so even if you ar'nt totally happy with the cut it grows out quickly,it grows so fast I think I might get some clippers and sometimes do him myself between professional cuts.Good Luck with finding the right groomer

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.