I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I know this sounds like a really stupid question but what is a 'toy' cockapoo?
I know with poodles its based on height and a poodle with a height of (from what ive read) 10inches and under is classed as 'toy'.
If a cockapoo has 1 toy sized parent does that make the pups toy too? Do both parents need to be toy sized? Or is their height ranges too as with other breeds?
The reason I ask is because my pup has a larger f2 cockapoo mum and his dad is a toy poodle. Is my boy therefore classed as a toy cockapoo?
I would love some insight/opinions.
X

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Not sure I have really heard the phrase too much with cockapoos to be honest - as a cross they vary hugely in size and shape. Molly is 6kg and much smaller than the vast majority we meet but I have never called her a toy cockapoo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I have really heard the phrase too much with cockapoos to be honest - as a cross they vary hugely in size and shape. Molly is 6kg and much smaller than the vast majority we meet but I have never called her a toy cockapoo.
Is your Molly short in height? What breeds are her parents? I was enquiring with a groomer earlier today about a first groom and she asked me what size my cockapoo was. After discussing parents she said he might be a toy then said he might be a miniature? I didnt know what to say he was? I then done a bit of internet mooching and seen some people referring to their cockapoos as 'toys'. Baffled x

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
She is fairly short. Her mum was an American Cocker which tends to give a smaller dog and according to her paperwork her dad was a mini poodle - but the breeder also has toy poodles and is not the best of breeders so who knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts