I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 15 month cockapoo. Her mum is about to birth another litter and we are hoping yo have one of those pups too. They will be half siblings as they will share the same mum but different dads.
Im just wondering whether a second girl or boy would be better? Our girl is quite small (7kg).so I'm wondering if a second male dog may end up being dominant, especially as he will likely be bigger than she is? Or does *** not matter ?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I would go for the opposite gender as there are less likely to be issues.

Two dogs together will decide for themselves the rules they are going to live under, your existing girl may end up in charge or the newbie may take over, gender will really make no difference in that and it will be down to individual personalities

·
Registered
144 Posts
I only have one, but generally speaking opposite genders work better, maybe try to go for a male that is not too 'feisty' or 'dominant'. That said, they will figure out their relationship between them. Introduce them on a general ground (not at your house, maybe your garden instead). Maybe even take your dog with you, if possible when selecting the pup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts