I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Dexter is booked in for his second visit to the groomers. The first time they trimmed his belly legs and RUINED his face - the took clippers in a straight line from nose to eyebrow and left the rest!!! Its growing back now but needless to sya I will be taking him to a different groomers. I wanted this groomers originally but they book up soooo fast!

I love the teddy bear look - I dont want a bishon fri and I don't want a poodle - I want a shaggy teddy bear!! He needs to be shortened though as its about 4-5 inches long and with winter and rain on the way it will help out to be a tad shorter since he is a sponge!!

What should I ask for??

I was going to try and attach photos but my PC doesn't want to so I'll try to add photo later!

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
ask for the shaggy teddy bear!
just be descriptive with them...and hope for the best

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I would just say that you want to maintain a shaggy look, keep the legs nice and round and

fluffy, and no clippers on the face at all... I actually tell them to leave Molly's face and I do

it myself with thinning scissors. I think it's when they change their face too much, it takes

away their character. With the body I'm not sure how short you want it but they'll explain

whether they need to use scissors or clippers.

Just take your time and explain what you want and make sure you're satsfied they've

understood you before you leave !!! ;) :eek:

Good luck and please post some photos :)

xx

·
Registered
515 Posts
Oh dear, I know how you feel so best of luck. Explain how annoyed and disappointed you were with the results of the other groom that Dexter had.Reiterate to them exactly what you want and then cross your fingers and hope that they have listened;)

I took Milo 3 weeks ago for his first cut ,I took a curly shaggy poo in and came out with a poodle / chow with a 70s mullet ,looking utterly ridiculous and resembling "Lenny the Lion". I could have cried, they made my beautiful boy look comical. I will also look for another groomer or do it myself.
Good Luck:)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Yeh I agree just be specific and I'd write it down so they can't forget once you've gone. Could you look through here and take pictures of the dogs you like x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
ask for a teddy cut. if you loos at some tibetan terriers who have a shorter coat they look a bit like a cockapoo so using that as a comparison might help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at the moment he is just a little to exciteable for me to attempt it myself !!! Eventually I will get some clippers but ill leave it to the professionals for now- 2 eyes are better than 1!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
We asked for a teddy bear cut but quite short all over - I think Saffi looks prettier with a shorter coat and to be honest it's so much more practical. She's a real tomboy - constantly in mud, brambles and so on. I've attached 1 pre-cut and two post-cut. She was done at Pets at Home and I was VERY specific - 1 inch all over, don't touch ears or tail!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I going to do something like that!

That will be perfect - Dexter loves puddles, mud, running through plants etc..... it looks so manageable - Problably an inch is quite short but probably necessary as I guess much longer and it'll be back before you know it.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Aww he looks lovely. It is short but he suits it and his face is lovely... I'm sure he's so soft

:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts