I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our daughter is allergic to peanuts and I note that everyone suggests peanut butter inside the kongs!
Does anyone know of anything else we could use to keep the treats inside so they don't fall out too quickly!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I am allergic to all nuts....so I don't use any of the pre made stuff from Kong....and there is no peanut butter in my house.
Lady loves cream cheese in hers. and I also sometimes freeze chicken stock in it for her. or mushed banana if your dog likes that.

·
Registered
569 Posts
yes tesco value cream cheese plus diced apple & carrot, wafer thin chicken chopped up.
I pop it in freezer & it lasts longer. SOmewhere on here are some recipes too !

·
Registered
539 Posts
Cream cheese is a paws up from Poppy. You could also try making a vegetarian pate, which has the added bonus of being able to tuck into it yourself :) Theres loads of recipes online, but just cBut you can get a fine Pate from just roasted carrots in a blender and add water and olive oil until the desired consistency is reached

Best though is to check the Kong website as they have recipes posted on there. Heres the link
http://www.kongstuffing.com/?page_id=11

Simon and Poppy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help and advice - is it ok with the puppies tummies or does it cause problems ... what age can I start giving the kong with the treats inside (not sure what age is best -don't want a runny bum!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.