I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We're starting to get things ready for Woody who'll we'll be collecting in a couple of weeks. I'm getting a bit confused about what he should have in his crate at night though as have read lots of different things? :confused:

Would really appreciate some advice on how to make it as welcoming as possible for him and find out what everybody else has done. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
We collected Bertie at the weekend...he loves his crate! It has a cushion with a fleecy blanket (cheap at Ikea and great for dogs!) rolled round as a sort of bumper. We usually put in a couple of fave toys and a hot water bottle at night. You can buy drinking bowls that attach but one of the travel ones works well. The breeder gave us a blanket which smells of his old house which he has in there too...lucky he's quite small. There's a loud ticking clock in the room too. Never used a crate for our last dog but Bertie just got in and slept from midnight til 6am his first night. He also goes in a lot through day too. Rambling now so good luck!
Catriona

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
We put vetbed and a small fluffy (cat) bed which has a microwaveable wheatpad in it to the back of the crate, and a puppy pad in the front. We have a water bowl attached to the bars so it doesn't get knocked over
JD will give you a toy, which has the litter scent on, we also put a cuddly toy in.
It's such an exciting time, getting ready to bring your puppy home, try not to worry too much, Julia and Stephen will talk you through everything you need to know for the early days :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts