I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second night, much as the first...lots of whining as went to bed but got up just to check she didnt need the loo and guess what she'd pooed in her crate and jumped up and down on it several times - oops. Took her out for a quick wee at which point she decided to lay on the grass as if she was going to sleep :confused:. Back in crate, mum off to bed - knackered after being up at 4.30am before a day's work, and i fell asleep to more whines :(. Woken up about midnight to more whines but too tired to move so fell asleep then 4.30am heard Pippa again so decided to go downstairs to see if there was a mess to clear up to accompany my morning cuppa and........there was a no 1 & no 2 on pad in crate but the rest of crate was clean (unlike yesterday) so result mum happy :D:D. Pippa hypo and seemed to want to play so let her out to burn off energy and watched quietly from inside (after putting the washing out - if any neighbours were stupid enough to be up then on a saturday, they must think im mad!!). So whatelse do you do at 4.30am on saturday but switch on computer and log onto the forum (husband still in bed so perfect time to hog computer - he thinks im addicted - but i reassure him 'its not forever...its research!' - ho,ho ;). And after a bit of surfing i've put Pippa pics in the gallery, ive just got to see if i can add them here and then do a pitta thingy - all before the house wakes up - and guess what Pippa has fallen asleep next to me - typical!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Awwwww! She's so gorgeous, bless her. Butter wouldn't melt .......but she's a naughty little girl for keeping her mummy from sleeping!!

Gosh the crate training business seems so long ago now - far in the distance. You'll look back on this one day and think the same ........honest!!
Pippa will get there and she will realise that this is the routine. Try feeding her in her crate with the door open today so she sees it as a positive place to be. I know some members have found this helpful.

I guess, like children, they all get there at different times. Some are quick and others take their time. Her system will mature and she'll be able to get through the night soon. Hang on in there!

....she really is a pretty little thing. :love-eyes:

Karen and Rufus

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Shes lovely,must admit im starting to get nervous now as we get our pup at the end of july ,im not good with lack of sleep.Sure my husband use to get up with the kids in the middle of the night when they were babies wonder if i can talk him into doing it again??

·
Registered
582 Posts
Im so looking forward to being woken up at stupid o clock and finding poo everywhere!! :eek:I think my longing for a dog will just about override that hurdle,and those cute teddy eyes....At least if i expect the worst then i may be pleasantly surprised! Have potty trained and breastfed 3 kids so im sure i will be ok?:pray: Master at sleep deprivation. Im sure i doesnt last long!

Wendy, Pippa is gorgeous....she looks lovely to cuddle on the sofa....sounds like you are making a little progress:) x

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh-OH!
When I read these posts a.-think that all these fur babies are GORGEOUS
b.-think maybe I dont know what I have taken on -its soooooooooooooooooooooooo long since my babies were babies-even my youngest grandson is 8.!!!-yes I am no spring chicken!
c. think I cant wait to get our new baby and embrace everything with all you lovely lot as back-up posse xx

·
Registered
720 Posts
Overly photos
At 4:30 I was still asleep, but Rosie wakes about 5:30 just before my alarm goes off so this normal for me, this morning was no exception, no mess in the crate. So by 6:00 the two of them were playing in the garden, gave them their breakfast as its Saturday no need to rush so settled myself down on the sofa with a cup of tea. Rosie came in from the garden and wanted to be picked up so she snuggled down on my knee.----------------- 7:45 my wife came down to find all three off us sound asleep. O the joys of owning dog/puppy's.:D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Colin that sounds like our house on a weekend when Mable was little,. awake between 5 and 6 then she'd snuggly down and go to sleep. But at 4.30 this am I was at work, had just fallen flat on my face outside and was wishing 8 o'clock to come so I could go home.
Pippa looks lovely and like others have said it wont last forever and you almost forget that you've moved on, but like Colin said maybe make her crate smaller and dont have space for a toileting area... does she poo before bed? Id be inclined to get her running round andplaying late evening to see if that encourages her to open her bowels earlier. Good luck ... it does get easier, honest x

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I was also up at 4.30am this morning waving my hubbie off on a trip to Gozo to visit his sister! Luckily Lolly didn't wake up and I managed to creep back to bed!

Just to reassure some of the new to be Mummies reading this - Lolly hasn't ever pooped in her crate ( we bought her home at exactly 8 weeks old) and we only had a wee in there on the first night. She did cry however but that only lasted a short time. I got a 30" crate and have just upgraded to a 36" one now that she is 18 weeks old. (I bought them both new from ebay for less than the price of one from a pet shop!) I'm sure having the smaller crate helped with her toilet training as she picked it up really quickly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Holly has been here for 2 weeks - never had an accident in her crate and hopefully now we wont. She did however cry and whine so now I close the curtains in the lounge where she sleeps and I have a flat sheet in a dark colour ALL over her crate. I tell her good night and now she generally doesn't make a peep until 6.30 - 7 am.

I am however unable to leave her in her crate if I am in the house without her causing an awful noise. i have tried bathing 2 children (aged 5 and 8) and putting them to bed with her help as I hate the noise but it doesn't work:( so now I have to leave her in her crate making a big fuss.

still if boils down to choice I'd rather sleep :smile:

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
4:30am yesterday morning - I was sound asleep ........which for us is rare.......especially lately xxxx;)

As for now ! - It's 3:11am a day later and Julia and I have just got home from a School Leavers' Ball xxx My 18 year son has just finished his A levels at a boarding school he has been at for the past 5 years............yeah We had a Ball !.........hick !.................and Julia is struggling to type with her false nails !!!!!!!.....so not practical in JD Land !

.........though - we do have to be up in the morning (bright eyed and bushy tailed........more bright tailed and bushy eyed me thinks !!) - I'll come round at about 7am .....soon !!!.......and start the day in preparation for 4 private viewings and an afternoon of "Hug-a-Puppy" partying !

Stephen xxx

...........PS: Julia's now typing a new thread about something NEW we have discovered !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice to know i'm not alone in my movemnts in the early hours but unforunately not as exciting as the JD peos - out partying whats that??? i have a 4yr old & 2 yr old so am knackered & in bed asleep (much to hubby's disgust) as soon as head hits pillow!!

Just a quick update on early waking... i was woken up at 5am this morning so i had a lay in!!!?? (Ho, ho) - Hopefully it will continue to get later (unless this am was a one off) - even if it is only gradually. On the bright side i get to be on the forum without hubby moaning im addicted to it & ignoring him!? - OOPs.
A quick question.....(again, sorry) i took Pippa out for 'a visit' just before bed & she did a wee so we went inside & i put her in her crate with toys etc in kitchen/diner. She cried as expected for a little while, then i could smell poo/diahorea so i returned to her & as mentioned in a previous thread (Cleaning up mess) in her 'distress' she'd jumped up & down in it & made an awful mess on her bedding so i cleaned it up & then put her back in her crate & went to bed. She has done this every night at bedtime so far - is it stress making her poo? is it that im not outside long enough? is it attention seeking? Should i clear it up or leave it? I've cleaned it up so far because of reading how they like to keep their beds clean so i hope that by cleaning it she will settle. Any pearls of wisdom??? (Sorry not a quick question after all)

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Well it's 7:48 now and the dogs kinda woke me up to say "Hi" ..........bless ! XX

It's OK though....I've got the kettle on ! x

Stephen xx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I would nt have thought it was attention seeking but could see how it could be stress... I think id keep her outside for a good while prior to bed... I can remember waiting ages for Mable to wee at one point cos was adamant i wasnt going to bed until she'd been. I also think you are right to clean it up... when she was little her mum would have cleaned it I definitely think it would increase her stress to leave the mess. x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi .. I must admit the photos are lovely and hey its only 4.30am, her pics make me think she is truly worth it :) :)

Seriously things will settle down, the first week is hard on puppy and owner, I promise it gets better, I have done it three times so it can't be that bad, well actually yes it is hard work, but it does end and then life gets a bit calmer ... Keep us posted xx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts