I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

When will our Cockapoo puppy calm down

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cocos mum 
#1 ·
Our puppy is 8 weeks old
we just ordered a lick Mat To lick with peanut butter
Any suggestions

#3 ·
At 8 weeks? Not yet and not a chance. You do realise you’ve got a highly energetic dog on your hand.
I wouldn’t want them calm as that’s not in their breed esp not at 8 weeks.
Lots of games, fetch, tug of war, hide food under blankets etc etc. You’ve just go to find creative ways to get his brain working. Also let him sniff a lot when going for walkies as that also helps mentally

All the best

#4 ·
Our Cockapoo is now 6 and a half. I despaired of ever having a calm dog, particularly in the first year, but other owners told me to hang on in there and by the time he was three he was much calmer (but his personality is still as crazy as ever thank goodness). Even now, he would have us out all day long if he could, he just adores grubbing around in forests, on the beach - anywhere in fact and being white has got used to daily baths in inclement weather. Our evenings even now aren't restful peaceful events (for an hour or so every day) because we HAVE to play tug of war and throw his soft indoor balls till he decides to lay down!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.