I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Cockapoos are crossbreeds so which parent, if you know who they were, does your dog most feature?

Even in litters the siblings are so different.

Rufus

Rufus' mum is a beautiful black and white Working Cocker Spaniel called Pearl.

Rufus' dad is an apricot Miniature Poodle called Pinot

I think Rufus looks at least 80%, if not 90% like his father!

Karen and Rufus x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
You can certainly see Pearl in his face - though his whole stamp (body shape) is sooooooo Pino !!!............and when he runs - that too is vvvvery Pinot - though when you have him close-up for a chat and a cuddle I could certainly feel the Pearl side too xxx

We retired Pino early last year and now have Ziggy and Uncle Fester - both smaller than Pino - and both giving a looser shaggier coat.

Rufus is a stunner xxxxxxx

Stephen x

·
Registered
242 Posts
how lovely! my wispa doesnt look like either of her parents as they are both jet black and she is chocolate with lots of grey hairs coming through now! :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
my dog Cori i think looks more like her mom...
Cori

Mom

Dad

photos of parents were sent to me from my breeder, Sweet Blessings Cockapoos

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cori is scrummy! I can see mum and dad in her. Mum more about the eyes and dad around the muzzle ......and maybe ears? It's lovely to see the mums and dads. Thanks for posting.

Karen and Rufus xx

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I never met Maisie's parents, but have a couple of pics. She certainly has her Dad's colouring, and is very small which looks to be like Mum.

Maisie

Dad

Mum

·
Registered
39 Posts
Flo definately looks more like her dad but i see her mom in the snout...Is she a standard(Large) cockapoo? or does the dad just look big in that pic?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Flo definately looks more like her dad but i see her mom in the snout...Is she a standard(Large) cockapoo? or does the dad just look big in that pic?
Funny that she comes over as quite big in photos. Everyone from the forum that went to the meet were surprised how little she is at just 14 inches.

Her dad is a mini and mum is a working/show English.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ooooh yes, the beautiful Flo is a daddy's girl for sure! What a stunning litter. Mum looks so relaxed!

I love the fact that Maisie is standing in almost the same position as her dad! A very romantic shot with the sun going down behind her!! (or were you up very early to catch the rising sun?!!).

Karen and Rufus x

1 - 20 of 33 Posts