I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny but I can't count the number of times people ask this of me. I think it's because they respond to people so differently and their personalities are so different that the people who meet them end up favoring one over the other. And their personalities are definitely different but I can't imagine life without one or the other. My favorite spot is in between them, always. But they each make me smile in their own way. For example
https://vimeo.com/120410570
That's Lexi barking at the airplane very high up that is making a lot of noise (the plane was flying unusually close over head - I think a different take off path). And Beemer is looking around trying to figure out what they are barking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Haha - you've got to give to to the girl, she is smarter!!
I think if you have more than one, you love them equally.... But you love certain traits, personalities and quirks in them individually.
I couldn't choose between my two
I suppose it's like it with children (although I only have one to compare to)
Individuals & qualities make you love them just the way they are! X

·
Registered
484 Posts
hehehe....this question is asked to us on a daily basis...

Peanut is bonkers, affectionate and always mad...everybody is her best friend, so people take to her immediately...my parents still tell me that she is their "favourite"...

On the other hand, Coconut is the sweetest, little boy, very reserved but extremely affectionate with us. He is like a mummy's boy that is always willing to listen to us, be obedient and happy to please...

Who do we prefer? The 2 of them. It took me time to adjust to Coconut, but I can now say that I do not have a favourite. I just love them the same and as they are.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I think the analogy of them being like your children is a good comparison. I have two daughters and love them equally for very different reasons. I feel the same about my poos. I could never choose between the two! Never . . . .

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Some updated photos of the 2 of them (long overdue...sorry, I don't want to start a new thread just for them!!)....
What brilliant pictures of two lovely dogs.
Light coloured furnishings with two poos???????? You must have nerves of steel.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Nerves of steel???? Yes! An entire house with cream carpets is not the most suitable house for 2 poos. Needless to say that they spend a long time in the sink of the utility room and their paws are watered many times a day, without soap or they would end up with problems. Anyway, the carpets are definitely darker than before and we have them cleaned professionally once a year!

·
Registered
317 Posts
When Miss Lills came in to my life, I discovered a whole new part of my heart that seems to have been reserved especially for her.

I assume if you have two, then that part is just a bit bigger. Or maybe there are two parts?

And regarding the constant washing of paws... I am seriously starting to worry that Miss Lills will end up with trench foot because her paws are wet so much of the time - either from being outside in the mud and rain or from having them washed down in the bath. Roll on spring!!

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I can't see the video :mad:, will have to wait til I can view on my pc...
I love each of mine, they are very different, but each wonderful. No problem loving them all.

Lovely, lovely to see the 'Nuts... I'm sure Dot and Peanut are clones ;)

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Watching them jnteract makes me laugh so I can't imagine life without either. Even a simple game of chase is so full of personality.
https://vimeo.com/120548839

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lexi and Beemer are amazing - you did such a fab job raising two pups together :D And if anyone ever wonders whether they should get another poo - they just have to see your two enjoying each other's company so much to be convinced.
Most people however do best to have a staggered start:p

Yes, they are!! And Jasper is also another clone of them! These three look so alike it is amazing!:)
Jasper and Dot have the same sire - but I think that the lovely Jasper is perhaps not as mad as Dotty Dot and the Peanut :p

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Maureen watching your two makes me understand why it is I have to play with Rufus for hours each day. All of you guys with two have somebody else to do it for you.:D

One poo's a zoo
Two poos, phew!

I am going to make this my tagline when I figure out how.:confused:

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Maureen watching your two makes me understand why it is I have to play with Rufus for hours each day. All of you guys with two have somebody else to do it for you.:D

One poo's a zoo
Two poos, phew!

I am going to make this my tagline when I figure out how.:confused:
You need to tell the HO this - a perfect reason to get Rufus a little sister :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Jasper and Dot have the same sire - but I think that the lovely Jasper is perhaps not as mad as Dotty Dot and the Peanut :p
Really? I didn't know they had the same dad!!! Now, that makes sense! :rolleyes: Well, personality wise the Dot & the Nut are bonkers, that's for sure. Yesterday she walked around the house with her entire bed in her head. She made a hole in it and ended up so big that she had the bed as a hat! She was acting like a clown all proud of herself! :D

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Really? I didn't know they had the same dad!!! Now, that makes sense! :rolleyes: Well, personality wise the Dot & the Nut are bonkers, that's for sure. Yesterday she walked around the house with her entire bed in her head. She made a hole in it and ended up so big that she had the bed as a hat! She was acting like a clown all proud of herself! :D

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I was washing dog blankets today and in Dot's bed I found: 5 socks, two cuddly toys (Lizzie's), a milk bottle top and 2 combs.... not bad for a week's haul :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Paper money she eats :eek:
I have taken coins out of her mouth before and one time my husband found 3 batteries under her blanket - she is a confirmed kleptomaniac!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts