I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most people we meet on our walks are loving our pup murphy, some immediately say? what is it? when we say a cockapoo, most now know the cross, and may think he is lovely or are quite rude! oh a cross breed then? i say yes thats right, with a smile on my face i then go on to say, and our other dog here (pointing to her ) is a cockerlier, a cross between a cocker and cavalier, we love our cross breeds! , to which most laugh , and although look at me as if i am slightly mad have nothing else to say!

· Registered
194 Posts
Hi Lee

Are the rude ones by any chance sporting their own kennel club recognised breed dog with them? :rolleyes:

I have found this on another general pet forum, that cockerpoos, labradoodles etc etc are looked down upon. It seems to be that the general consensus from these people is that all our little darlings are cross breeds or mongrels and yet we are paying mega bucks for them. They seem to fail to see the beauty in them, their good nature, their ease of trainability and their general all round fabulous-ness as a family pet! It ticks me off to be honest.

I agree that there is the possibility of overbreeding and puppy farming but isn't that so with any recognised breed as well?

Oh a rant I apologise but I think my baby is utterly gorgeous and I won't have him undermined but some snotty idiots!!!

Hello BTW xxx

· Registered
435 Posts
The majority of people we meet on our walks ask what breed Dexter is,and then go on to say how gorgeous he is! Several people have said,'oh my god,I've wanted a Cockapoo for ages!' and loads of people have heard of the breed!
Don't all new breeds of dogs start off with selective breeding? Otherwise all dogs would still look similar!! The breeds have been created by us,and continue to be created.

· Banned
1,983 Posts
most people we meet on our walks are loving our pup murphy, some immediately say? what is it? when we say a cockapoo, most now know the cross, and may think he is lovely or are quite rude! oh a cross breed then? i say yes thats right, with a smile on my face i then go on to say, and our other dog here (pointing to her ) is a cockerlier, a cross between a cocker and cavalier, we love our cross breeds! , to which most laugh , and although look at me as if i am slightly mad have nothing else to say!
Crazy Lady - I'd dearly love to see pictures of a Cockerlier X - I have a contact who mentioned this to me the other day and I'd never heard of the cross.

Please please please could you send me some pics ??? (or post some ?).

I have been working on several big profile websites about Cockapoos and other Crosses - and I'd love to include a Cockerlier picture.

Stephen X

· Registered
740 Posts
Everyone i meet loves bailey, most have never heard of a cockapoo but they still say he is adorable (i strongly agree) I have only ever came across 1 person who was oh so he's a cross breed then(i bet you ten to a penny they've gone sraight on google and looked up cp's) When i was younger the only cross breeds that i heard of was if a dog got caught whilst in season by another breed, now people have cross breeds for different reasons such as ffor allergies/choice of breed

I love my CROSS BREED and would not change him for all the money in the world:D

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
agree with all of the above- i happily admit both our dogs are x breeds, and it is up to the individual what they spend their money on! i dont smoke or drink, my vices are my dogs, who give me joy, and not a vice because they keep me smiling and very healthy with all the walking! to follow is a pic of our beautiful cockerlier, called peggyx

· Registered
48 Posts
Hi Crazy Lady. What a coincidence, I think we met you today at Hylands Park, in Huttons!! Not come across much in the way of snobbery since we had Cocoa, but in conversations when deciding on a dog, certainly came across it! Hope to see you, Murphy and Peggy before too long again!! xx

· Registered
8,349 Posts
Crazy lady your dogs are wonderful :) I haven't come across too much snobbery when out and about with my dogs, or I just havent noticed any silly comments as I am far too proud of my dogs :) .. generally in life people are nice, but you do get the old one who have to say things or have an opinion :S which I would just ignore ... be proud of your dogs .

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Crazy Lady. What a coincidence, I think we met you today at Hylands Park, in Huttons!! Not come across much in the way of snobbery since we had Cocoa, but in conversations when deciding on a dog, certainly came across it! Hope to see you, Murphy and Peggy before too long again!! xx
oh yes! of course remember cocoa, i nearly said to you do you look at any forums! small world ! yes hope tp see you soon, (watch out for the couple with the sussex spaniel at hylands, definite snobbery there !)

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its the "oh it's a mongrel" comment that lights my temper. Whatever happened to love me for just being me. Cara is adorable, she has her own little village pub fan pub. Xx
yes people do say that, that actually does nt bother me too much i just say "yes we had a pedigree, he lived to two, due to liver disease, " the person who upset me actually lives next door but one, he has a lakeland terrier, which used to get out ans savage our neighbours cat, he said what breed have you brought when i said cockapoo, he answered no comment to which i said, he is a lovely boy, he said i will reserve judgement on that, i then siad, at least he does nt go round trying to kill cats! conversation over!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.