I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey has just been groomed and is shaved all over. I am not taking it very well. She was matted but the cut is extreme, particularly her tail.
I feel so sorry for her although she doesn't seem to mind.

Anyway, can anyone tell me roughly how long the coat takes to grow back in - I keep thinking maybe it won't!

· Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your replies. Dawn will it come back the same as before also what type of cut should I be asking for?

She gets groomed regularly, there were no matts on her back and I feel the groomer could have shaved her underneath and even her paws, but her tail and back!

She does have a lovely velvety feel to her though.

· Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bailey looks fine! Better than Ralph and ruby who had body tail & ears shaved off - poor things, I'd say about 6-8 weeks for the shaggy curls to come back.
The bonus side is quicker and cleaner and drier than a full coat x
It is her tail I am more upset over. On the plus sde we are going on holiday with Bailey in two weeks, at least the sand will be easy to get off!

My kids think it is the funniest thing ever!

· Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for that Ruth, they both look adorable. I cried all day today, but have put things into perspective, she is adorable, and still has her lovely, cheeky nature, even though she has a "monkey bum and a rat's tail". Wouldn't have her any other way!

· Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for all your replies. We are just back from a weekend away and Bailey's hair has still nor grown back!!!

Seriously though, she does seem much happier in the warm weather, if only her tail didn't look like a rat's tail - they freak me out.

We are holidaying in Cornwall with Bailey this year so at least the sand will be easy to brush out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts